Freelance Publisher Activation Executives – Global
WANTED: Are you a digital native fluent in more than one language? Are you comfortable communicating with publishers? We're looking to build our global team of freelance Publisher Activation Executives, to ensure our award-winning social video campaigns gain exposure in their target markets via engaging content produced by sites and blogs. We're looking for candidates with existing publishers/bloggers contacts (or the ability to build these contacts immediately), in Thailand and Indonesia. You will work from home (training provided) or a local Unruly office and will help us deliver the most awesome social videos on the planet!
As Publisher Activation Executive, your work will primarily involve researching and identifying suitable sites, blogs and social media influencers to work with on a campaign by campaign basis, depending on clients' specific targeting requirements. You will also be in charge of communications, negotiation and managing relationships with website owners, so you will be fluent in all things online, with sensitivity to language, cultures and a passion for building strong, ongoing relationships in the publishing/blogging community. If you're tired of "plain digital" and feel ready to join a really cool company with a proven business model and a start-up feel, we'd love to learn what makes you Unruly!
Reports to: Lead – Global Publisher Management (London based)
Location: Local Unruly office, or from home
Contract Type: Freelance (you will invoice Unruly)
Working Hours: As required per campaign
Salary: Hourly rate – to be discussed
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Secure sponsored coverage (content or advertising placements) of Unruly campaigns on local language websites/blogs and social media suitable to the targeting requirements of the client
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Global Publisher Management Team
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Experience with and demonstrated solid understanding of blogosphere etiquette in Indonesia, Thailand.
- Experience translating between English and the local language
- Completed online research to identify site lists based on targeting criteria
- Experience communicating with publishers and managing ongoing relationships, with sensitivity to local culture
- Previously negotiated with website owners on price and made successful deals
- Demonstrated online presence (ideally multiple social media profiles) and be "fluent" in all things online
- Customer service or relationship management experience
- Knowledge of various social media platforms and social media influencers across Indonesia, Thailand.
About You: Skills
You must be:
- Able to work both independently as well as part of a global team
- A strong written and verbal communicator with excellent grammar
- Able to deliver a high level of customer service
- Fluent in English, as well as: Indonesian, Thai.
- Able to translate press (and other) materials from English to local language and compose outgoing communications in the local language – with high attention to detail
- Highly analytical, able to work effectively with Google Spreadsheets (including modifying formulas)
- Excellent at online research – able to quickly identify target sites
- A great negotiator able to stick to set budgets and close deals
- An intermediate user of Google Apps: Gmail, Calendar, Drive
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Flexible – able to adapt to changing campaign requirements
- Calm under pressure – not phased by challenges arising during campaigns
- A multi-tasker – able to manage a high volume of different tasks
- Organised – able to prioritise and manage workload independently
- Passionate – about building strong, ongoing relationships in the blogging community
- A great time manager – able to deliver excellent results by deadline
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)
The WOW factor!
We'd love it if you:
- Speak multiple languages (in addition to those listed above)
- Have global contacts with websites/blogs across multiple markets
- Have experience using Trello
Send an email containing your CV (in English), your availability to commence work, your preference to work from home or an Unruly office and your expected hourly rate to fr[email protected] Please note, applicants will be hired on a freelance basis and will invoice Unruly for work completed. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Don't forget to tell us where you heard about the role!
Meet Some of Unruly's Employees
Jess distributes and optimizes global video campaigns. Though she’s a member of Unruly’s Operations Team, she works across multiple teams in the company.
Back to top