Demand Partnerships Account Manager, APAC
WANTED: We're looking for an entrepreneurial, driven and technically savvy account manager to grow our partnerships with the world's top DSPs and exchanges. Growth oriented, you will accelerate Unruly's presence and influence with key demand partners, driving preference for UnrulyX, Unruly's viewable video SSP.
As Demand Partnerships Account Manager, you will be responsible for positioning Unruly as the authority in video advertising and accelerating video spend with our partners. You will constantly reaffirm Unruly's position as a key strategic partner for those platforms. Ultimately, you will influence those partners to push Unruly's proposition into our mutual agency and trading desk clients.
You will have a strong grasp of the programmatic advertising ecosystem, having spent time in a similar role working with both business and product team members to grow commercial relationships. You also understand what key metrics buyers are focused on in today's video advertising space, with an ability to analyze data and performance metrics to generate insight and make business recommendations to our partners.
Reporting to VP, Demand BD, you'll be a strong team player, excited about joining our APAC Team while ensuring Business Development operates coherently across local and global teams.
Have you excelled at forging mutually rewarding partnerships with programmatic demand platforms? Are you looking for a challenging role, inspiring ad-industry-wide change within a high-growth, insanely fast-paced scale-up? If your answer is "Hell Yeah!" then this role could be for you.
Unruly gets videos seen, shared and loved across the open web for brands that want to move people, not just reach people.
By bringing emotional intelligence to digital advertising, we help 91% of Ad Age 100 brands inform and inspire 1.44bn people around the world, using polite outstream formats on sites that people love. UnrulyX, the viewable video SSP, creates better ad experiences for consumers, improved brand outcomes for advertisers and increased revenues for top-flight publishers.
Emotion matters in marketing. Emotion creates values and sets preferences. Inspires action. Drives sales. Unruly has a decade's data of consumer responses to video and uses that to hone content, model audiences and deploy ad dollars in ways that heighten emotional response and maximise brand impact.
Unruly was founded in 2006 and acquired by News Corp in 2015. With 300 Unrulies across 20 locations worldwide, our super power is emotional intelligence and our secret weapon is passionate people on a mission to #DeliverWow.
Reports to: VP, Demand Business Development (NYC)
Location: Singapore OR Sydney
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: 9:30am-6pm
Salary: Competitive salary plus bonus
Benefits: Private health care allowance for you and your partner, work injury insurance, mobile phone allowance, and a company laptop. You'll travel to London for our bespoke onboarding training – Unrulyduction and will also be invited to attend an annual UnrulyFest. We are a truly global organisation, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Accelerate Unruly's programmatic revenue growth through building and maintaining collaborative, mutually rewarding partnerships with the world's top DSPs and exchanges
- Develop Unruly's position as the authority in digital video advertising and a key source of premium, polite video supply at scale
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Programmatic demand platforms (Global)
- Global Product Development Teams
- APAC Supply BD Team
- APAC Sales
- APAC Operations
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Minimum of 2-3 year of BD experience, with recent experience of working in an RTB environment
- Demonstrable background and confidence in managing complex relationships across different teams, domestically and globally
- A track record of growing spend while identifying valuable new partnerships
- Fully conversant in programmatic media, PMPs, and a deep understanding of the value of data
- Proven ability to lobby stakeholders for improvements and required features that impact positively on revenue generating opportunities
About You: Skills
You must be:
- Tenacious – Able and determined to quickly understand technical requirements to support partner integrations and troubleshooting efforts
- Comfortable refining and executing a combined technical/commercial strategy
- Opportunist – Confident in isolating new and exciting business opportunities
- Collaborative – Able to successfully unite teams including product/tech, ops, marketing and sales to deliver valuable, long term partnerships
- Resourceful – Able to juggle tasks, deadlines, dependencies, roadblocks and manage multiple stakeholders
- Fast-Learner – An unnerving aptitude for learning quickly in a rapidly evolving tech ecosystem, always one step ahead of your peers
- Analytical – Able to solve problems, articulate solutions and analyze and report upon data
- Experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite (including Powerpoint and Excel) and Google Apps
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- A superb communicator – in every scenario, with ability to effectively liaise with different teams and external clients
- Flexible – in approach to ad-hoc requests from clients
- Decisive and delivery focused ‐ have the ability to form goals quickly and good at follow‐through and project management, both with own team and cross‐functional teams
- Highly organized ‐ approaches work in a structured and methodical way, ensuring that the plan gets executed in time and to expectation
- Self‐motivated ‐ it's critical that you're able to move the media/technology proposition forward with only "steering"; nobody will be writing your to‐do list for you
- Collaborative ‐ happy to work closely with local and global colleagues in a rapid growth scale-up environment
- Cool, calm and collected – able to deal with external clients and internal senior management in pressure situations
- Energetic ‐ with a high level of initiative and motivation, great at networking, negotiating and closing deals
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)
The Wow Factor
We'd love it if you:
- Have a keen interest in digital marketing tactics and strategy
- Know your way around a video DSP like the back of your
- Sneak in to OpenRTB working group calls
- Have existing relationships with DSPs and Exchanges
Some international travel may be required for this role including initially to the US and UK for training purposes.
All applicants must be authorized to work in Australia / Singapore.
We love reviewing all the applications we receive, but unfortunately we're not able to get back to everyone individually. If we'd like to move forward with your application we'll definitely be in touch!
Having issues with your application? You can always email it to [email protected]
Meet Some of Unruly's Employees
Lead, News Corp. Partnerships U.S.
Sadie collaborates with Unruly’s News, Sales, and Operations Teams to deliver impactful video campaigns for the company’s clients. She also works with various ad agencies and publishers.
Back to top