Corporate Reporting Manager
WANTED: An ambitious ACA qualified accountant, with experience of intra-group financial reporting and accounts preparation in international groups, who wants to join a disruptive tech company with a fast-paced, can-do culture.
You'll be responsible for the Unruly group's reporting to our ultimate parent company News Corp, including monthly and quarterly reporting of results, budgets and outlooks. You will support the Interim Group Financial Controller and Unruly's CFO and CEO by preparing commentary and analysis on the group's performance.
You'll be responsible for the group's statutory accounts preparation and submission, and be the day to day contact for the group's audit team. You'll be responsible for the proposing accounting treatments for complex transactions, and take first pass at assessing the impact of technical accounting pronouncement (UK and US) on the Group's financial statements. You'll also liaise with our tax accountant to ensure tax returns across all 10 of Unruly's territories are completed and filed on time.
You'll report into the Interim Group Financial Controller within a finance team of 18 and support them on a broad range of ad hoc projects which support the Executive team and enable the group to deliver on its strategic objectives.
If you feel ready to join a really cool company with strong revenue growth, a proven business model and a start-up feel, we'd love to learn what makes you Unruly.
Reports to: Interim Group Financial Controller
Direct reports: None, but working within a team of 18
Location: London, UK
Employment Type: Perm
Working Hours: Full time
Salary: Highly competitive + bonus
Benefits: Private health for you & your partner, iPhone or Android phone, Cycle to Work scheme, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan. We have many social events, summer and winter hours, daily deliveries of yummy breakfast treats, Friday beers and snacks and a bi-annual Unruly Festival. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of financial reporting matters relating to Unruly, including monthly and quarterly results, outlooks and budget, and audit and statutory accounts, working closely with Tax, Treasury and the rest of the Unruly finance team.
About the Role: Key relationships:
- Interim Group Financial Controller
- Chief Financial Officer
- Management Accountants
About the Role: Key Responsibilities:
- Preparing the monthly results flash, P&L and related analysis for submission to News UK
- Preparing all quarter end and year end supplemental reports for submission to News UK
- Unruly liaison for News finance teams, alongside Interim Group Financial Controller
- Day to day management of the statutory audit process for Unruly entities across the globe
- Preparation of the UK companies statutory accounts
- Key liaison with tax manager
- Work on Unruly's Budget and Long Range Plan with the Interim Group Financial Controller
- Monthly revenue reconciliation
- Ad hoc tasks, projects and analysis for Interim Group Financial Controller
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Be an ACA qualified accountant with min 2yrs PQE
- Experience of international consolidations, foreign currencies and intra-group reporting to tight timetables
- Strong academics with a good numerate degree
- Post-Qualification experience from within the Commercial Sector (ideally from the Technology, or Media sector)
- A working knowledge of UK GAAP (FRS 102) and IFRS. US GAAP would be a bonus
About You: Skills
You must have:
- Good technical accounting knowledge (UK GAAP and IFRS)
- Advanced Excel skills, including the ability to build integrated financial models, working with vlookups and other advanced formulas
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders across different departments, and be able to provide insight to colleagues from a non-financial background
- Experience with Hyperion and/or Microsoft Dynamics Navision and/or Salesforce would be a bonus
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Confident and calm under pressure, organised with strong time management
- Flexible and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Able to work as part of a team and able to use own initiative to solve problems
- Able to assist other members of the finance team and help them develop their technical skills
The WOW Factor
We'd love it if you:
- Have a love of social media
- Understand the programmatic advertising ecosystem
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent
- Accounting Qualification (ACA)
- Occasional trips to other territories may be required for this role.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Meet Some of Unruly's Employees
Lead, News Corp. Partnerships U.S.
Sadie collaborates with Unruly’s News, Sales, and Operations Teams to deliver impactful video campaigns for the company’s clients. She also works with various ad agencies and publishers.
Back to top