Business Development Manager, Programmatic Demand – Japan
WANTED: We're looking for an entrepreneurial, driven and technically savvy business development manager to grow our partnerships with the world's top DSPs and exchange s. Growth oriented, you will accelerate Unruly's presence and influence with key demand partners, driving preference for UnrulyX, Unruly's viewable video SSP.
As BD Manager, Programmatic Demand, you will be responsible for positioning Unruly as the authority in video advertising and accelerating video spend with our partners. You will constantly reaffirm Unruly's position as a key strategic partner for those platforms. Ultimately, you will help influence those partners to push Unruly's proposition into our mutual agency and trading desk clients.
You will have a strong grasp of the programmatic advertising ecosystem, having spent time in a similar role working with both business and product team members to grow commercial relationships. You also understand what key metrics buyers are focused on in today's video advertising space, with an ability to analyze data and performance metrics to generate insight and make business recommendations to our partners.
Reporting to the APAC Director, BD, you'll be a strong team player, excited about joining our Japan team while ensuring Business Development operates coherently across local and global teams.
Have you forged mutually rewarding partnerships with programmatic demand platforms? Are you looking for a challenging role, inspiring ad-industry-wide change within a high-growth, insanely fast-paced scale-up? If your answer is "Hell Yeah!" then this role could be for you.
Reports to : APAC Director, Business Development (Singapore)
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: 9:30am-6pm
Salary: Competitive salary plus bonus
Benefits : Private healthcare for you and your partner, mobile phone allowance, and a company laptop. You'll travel to London for our bespoke onboarding training - Unrulyduction. We are a truly global organisation, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Support Unruly's programmatic revenue growth by growing collaborative, mutually rewarding partnerships with local Japanese DSPs and global DSPs and exchanges
- Develop Unruly's position as the authority in digital video advertising and a key source of premium, polite video supply at scale
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Programmatic Demand platforms, with a focus on DSPs and Exchanges
- Japan Country Manager
- Unruly's Japan Publisher Business Development Team
- Unruly's Japan Commercial Team
- Unruly's Japan Operations Team
- Unruly's Product Development Teams
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Minimum of 3 years of Business Development experience, with recent experience of working in a RTB environment
- Demonstrable ba ckground and confidence in managing complex relationships across different teams, domestically and globally
- A track record of growing spend while identifying valuable new partnerships
- Fully conversant in programmatic media trading and a deep understanding of the value of data
- Proven ability to lobby stakeholders for improvements and required features that impact positively on revenue generating opportunities
- Strong knowledge and existing relationships in Japan with local and global DSPs
- Fluency in Japanese and English required
- Experience in digital video is a major plus!
About You: Skills
You must be:
- Tenacious - Able and determined to quickly understand technical requirements to support partner integrations and troubleshooting efforts
- Comfortable executing a combined technical/commercial strategy whilst refining over time
- Opportunist - Confident in isolating new and exciting business opportunities
- Collaborative - Able to successfully unite teams including product/tech, ops, marketing and sales to deliver valuable, long term partnerships
- Resourceful - Able to juggle tasks, deadlines, dependencies, roadblocks and manage multiple stakeholders
- Fast-Learner - An unnerving aptitude for learning quickly in a rapidly evolving tech ecosystem, always one step ahead of your peers
- Analytical - Able to solve problems, articulate solutions and analyze and report upon data
- Experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite (including Powerpoint and Excel) and Google Apps
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- A superb communicator - in every scenario, with ability to effectively liaise with different teams and external clients
- Flexible - in approach to ad-hoc requests from clients
- Decisive and delivery focused - have the ability to form goals quickly and good at follow-through and project management, both with own team and cross-functional teams
- Highly organized - approaches work in a structured and methodical way, ensuring that the plan gets executed in time and to expectation
- Self-motivated - it's critical that you're able to move the media/technology proposition forward with only "steering"; nobody will be writing your to-do list for you
- Collaborative - happy to work closely with local and global colleagues in a rapid growth scale-up environment
- Cool, calm and collected - able to deal with external clients and internal senior management in pressure situations
- Energetic - with a high level of initiative and motivation, great at networking, negotiating and closing deals
About You: Education & Qualification s
- Minimum requirements BA/BS (University of Life also counts)
The Wow Factor
We'd love it if you:
- Have a keen interest in digital marketing tactics and strategy
- Know your way around a video DSP like the back of your hand
- Sneak in to OpenRTB working group calls
- Have overseen integrations with DSPs and Exchanges
- Due to the global nature of this role you must be willing to work flexible hours on occasion
- Some domestic and international travel will be required for this role
- All applicants must be authorised to work in Japan
We love reviewing all the applications we receive, but unfortunately we're not able to get back to everyone individually. If we'd like to move forward with your application we'll definitely be in touch!
Having issues with your application? You can always email it to email@example.com.
Apply for job Full name
Back to top