Account Manager, Business Development – New York
WANTED: We are looking for a talented, articulate and highly organized individual to work alongside our Business Development team to manage our Top 50 key accounts. This person will be the first point of contact with our publishers serving as a strategic advisor to maintain and grow the relationship by identifying actionable insights and new revenue opportunities. This person will have a deep understanding of our products and will serve as a key internal knowledge base. You will have a strong grasp of programmatic advertising, especially in the video space, and ideally be able to easily explain various industry acronyms such as DSP, SSP, DMP, and IVT. You will also be curious and excited to learn about the fast paced video advertising industry. This person will be passionate, proactive, and a true team player as they will be able to work independently as well as crossfunctionaly with the product, ad ops, sales, marketing, and strategy teams.
This is an exciting role in a high-growth, multi-channel business. You'll probably be a recent graduate with some sales or customer services experience (eg. hospitality, retail, real estate), who is passionate about media, video and technology. Experience working on complex projects coordinating deliverables with internal and external stakeholders is strongly desired. If you're looking to gain experience at an industry-leading innovative tech start up then we'd love to hear what makes you Unruly!
Location :1211 6th Avenue, 8th Floor New York, NY
Benefits : Unruly offers a full suite of world class benefits including premium health care, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance and more. We're a truly global organization, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world....not to mention our annual Unruly Festival. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos online.
Your mission will be to:
- Manage and develop relationships with our top key accounts throughout the whole lifecycle - account vetting, onboarding,
- Serve as a strategic consultant to help our publishers increase revenue and drive greater marketplace demand
- Contribute and lead new product and solutions for our publishers
- Maintain internal databases to ensure that all information is accurate and up to date
- Supporting the wider Business Development team with reporting and project management duties
- Provide comprehensive end-to-end management of advertising campaigns, ensuring awesome results are delivered to all internal and external clients.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Teams: Commercial, Product Development, Account Management, Campaign Management, Business Development, Media Solutions, Finance, Design.
- People: Managing Director, Lead - Campaign Management, Global Operations Director, Product Manager, Business Development Director, Publisher Development Manager Media Solutions Manager, Commercial Director, Financial Controller, Creative Director, Campaign Management Teams (US, SE, FR, DE, UK).
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Ability to develop strong personal relationships with supply and exchange partners
- Demonstrated digital media experience (agency, publisher, network or technology vendor).
- Experience of multiple ad-serving solutions from a buy and sell-side perspective, with exposure to programmatic buying (Inventory Management, RTB, Optimisation).
- Experience of technical troubleshooting and successfully optimizing campaigns.
- Previously tested and rolled out new functionality via a thorough QA process.
- Previously built strong relationships with members of a Sales team to maximise revenue opportunities and delivered high levels of customer service.
- Previously dealt with all client and media agency enquiries regarding campaign delivery and provided bespoke solutions to these enquiries.
- Ability to manage a network of content publishers and develop their revenue opportunity
You must be:
- Highly analytical, able to solve problems creatively and articulate solutions.
- Able to effectively liaise with a variety of stakeholders (sales, agencies, publishers, individual bloggers).
- Process driven, able to isolate structural and process issues and suggest solutions to drive them forward.
- Organised, with excellent time management and prioritising skills.
- Equipped with working knowledge and understanding of day-to-day business within an account management or operations team, and where it sits within the wider business function.
About You: Behavior
You must be:
- Flexible - able to respond to ad-hoc requests.
- Dedicated - to delivering great service.
- A relationship builder - able to build key relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Calm under pressure - able to deal with external clients and internal senior management in various situations.
- Confident - in escalating business critical issues internally/externally and reporting results to internal teams and external clients.
- Committed - to continued learning and growing your professional skill set.
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts).
Meet Some of Unruly's Employees
EVP, Global Business Development
Ken leads global business development with a focus on two areas—developing publisher relationships and overseeing programmatic demand partnerships. As an EVP, he works on Unruly’s Executive Team.
Back to top