Account Executive – New York
WANTED: Are you Unruly? Are you comfortable in a high-growth, fast-paced start-up environment? Does social media and social video fascinate you? Does bringing emerging media and technology to your clients excite you? Are you on a first name basis with key media and brand marketers in your region? If the answer is "Hell Yeah!" this role could be for you. We're looking for an Account Executive with an outstanding track record in digital or TV advertising sales and a passion for emerging/video media to help us rapidly drive Unruly's social video advertising business forward in New York.
In this role, you'll be responsible for creating buzz, excitement and driving advertising revenue around Unruly's social video platform with your client base (brand marketers, media agencies, and creative agencies), You'll evangelize the Unruly platform and be able to brilliantly communicate the unique merits of Unruly's high-growth business and the future of the social video market. Significant experience in digital media sales (with video and/or social media sales experience) would be a huge plus! If you're tired of "plain digital" and feel ready to join a really cool company with a proven business model and a start-up feel, we'd love to learn what makes you Unruly!
Reports To: Group Director, Sales
Location: New York City
Employment type: Permanent
Working Hours: Fulltime
Salary: Highly competitive + bonus
Benefits: Unruly offers a full suite of world class benefits including premium health care, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and a great place to work. We are a truly global organization, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world….not to mention our annual Unruly Festival. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Forge key relationships within your territory (with brand marketers, media agencies, and creative agencies) and exceed revenue targets.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Brand marketers
- Media agencies
- Creative agencies
- US Sales team
- Ad Operations team
- Media Operations team
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Working knowledge of the digital and video space
- Demonstrated success in navigating both agency and client relationships
- Strong experience with digital culture, and knowledge of trends and innovation in the digital space
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
About You: Skills
You must be:
- Extremely organized with strong time management skills
- A swift decision maker
- Able to negotiate and close business deals swiftly
- Able to work both independently as well as part of a team
- A strong written and verbal communicator with excellent grammar
- Able to deliver a high level of customer service
- A familiar user of Salesforce, Excel, Powerpoint and Google Apps: Gmail, Calendar, Drive
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Ambitious: wanting to create a career in one of the most exciting and fastest growing areas of social media
- Entrepreneurial: understanding of client challenges and able to explain how Unruly's solutions will be advantageous
- Accountable: not afraid of working to targets and willing to demonstrate that you are willing to deliver against personal KPIs (meetings, proposals, etc.)
- Gregarious: enjoy being part of the media industry and building relationships
- Numerate: can deliver proposals meeting both Unruly and client objectives
- Persuasive: able to effectively communicate complex, creative solutions to clients who may be unfamiliar or uncomfortable with the space
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Ideally: Minimum requirements BA/BS
The WOW factor!
We'd love it if you:
- Can communicate value proposition around paid, earned, and owned media
- Have led global relationships with Fortune 100 brand marketers (and they are on your speed dial!)
- Have successfully been able to secure dollars from other media on behalf of digital
Some domestic and international travel will be required for this role
Don't forget to tell us where you heard about the role! All applicants must be authorised to work in the US.
We love reviewing all the applications we receive, but unfortunately we're not able to get back to everyone individually. If we'd like to move forward with your application we'll definitely be in touch!
Having issues with your application? You can always email it to [email protected]
Meet Some of Unruly's Employees
Jess distributes and optimizes global video campaigns. Though she’s a member of Unruly’s Operations Team, she works across multiple teams in the company.
Back to top