Who We Are
UnitedMasters is building a marketplace that connects artists, brands and fans - empowering artists to earn and grow. UnitedMasters has taken the bold step of building a music distribution service that, radically, puts artists first - disrupting the legacy music business by letting up-and-coming artists distribute their music directly to fans through streaming services while maintaining ownership of their master recording rights and up to 100% of royalties. Through the combination of UnitedMasters' music distribution platform and its deep ties to brands, UnitedMasters enables independent artists and change-makers to grow and earn unlike any other platform.
The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers, and storytellers with backgrounds from YouTube, SoundCloud, Pandora, Facebook, Uber, Dropbox, Complex, VICE, and more. We work hand in hand with the award-winning creative teams that forge those innovative partnerships at Translation (our in-house creative advertising agency).
We are looking for a Sr. Associate, Growth Marketing to join UnitedMasters! Please note that this role is a Hybrid role: three days in office and two days remote.
What You'll Do
- Supercharge UnitedMasters Growth and Performance Marketing
- Design and implement performance marketing strategies using platforms such as Apple Search Ads, Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads, TikTok Ads, DV360, Moloco, Criteo, and IronSource
- Develop robust experimentation methods to grow new user acquisition, activation, and retention in a data-driven, scalable, and efficient manner.
- Partner deeply with the creative and brand marketing teams to develop and optimize assets to fuel growth marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with SEO Specialists and Designers to create new landing pages, optimize existing landing page content based on keyword research.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to define and implement strategies that drive user acquisition, activation and retention.
- Synthesize vast amounts of data and report key insights and findings to key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Partner with third party agencies and vendors to manage marketing campaigns.
- Create and manage dashboards to allow real time assessment of KPIs, goal tracking, and actionable insights across the organization.
- Forecast budgets and KPIs with accuracy.
- Deep technical background with ad platforms such as: Apple Search Ads, Google Ads, Meta Business Manager, TikTok Business Manager, Snapchat Ads, Reddit Ads, DV360, Moloco, Criteo, IronSource.
- In-depth understanding of data analytics & attribution tools such as: Google Analytics, Amplitude, AppsFlyer, Kochava, Adjust.
- Fluency with CMS and website building tools such as Instapage, Squarespace, WordPress, Wix, etc.
- Understanding of music industry trends and landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to execute effective cross-platform advertising strategies for user acquisition and subscriber growth.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills that enable you to deliver against tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle pressure, while consistently paying attention to accuracy and quality of work.
- Flexible and nimble so as to quickly and effectively adapt to change.
- 3+ years of performance marketing buying/planning with expertise in paid social, paid search, and/or programmatic
- A successful track record of building and executing growth strategies for SaaS tech products, preferably working with mobile apps
- Proven track record building and executing go to market strategies for B2B and B2C product marketing and working with cross functional teams to deliver exceptional results.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or a related fieldMeta Blueprint Certified
- Google Ads Certified
- Experience working with Performance Marketing Agencies
- A passion for all things music, knowledge of the music industry
UnitedMasters has over 1.5 million artists on its platform and is growing rapidly. Brands like Diageo, Ally, and ESPN come to UnitedMasters to partner with these artists and play a role in moving culture forward. In the past year, UnitedMasters subscribers have grown rapidly. With $170M raised to date and valued at $550M, UnitedMasters is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Apple, Alphabet (aka Google), and Disney amongst others. Over the last year, UnitedMasters artists have used our platform to land sync deals with major brands including the NBA, ESPN, Overtime Elite, Bose, Warner Brother Studios and in the NBA video game 2k. These deals give them additional money for their work and increase their exposure.
Salary Hiring Range: $90,000 - $110,000
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide (e.g. bonus, stock options, 401(k) match, etc.)
Individual pay rate decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors.
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
The salary range above is for the NY/CA. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the salary range could be lower or higher than this if the role is hired in another location.