Warehouse Shipping and Receiving Clerk - Farmingdale, NY
- Plainview, NY
Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Warehouse Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for the processing of member and prescription information to support the management and delivery of prescription medications within Infusion Dispensing Operations.
Working Schedule: This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday- Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work our 8 hour shift schedule during our normal business hours of (8:00am - 6:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and Holidays. Our office is located at 931D Conklin Street, Farmingdale, NY.
- Process, pack and ship outgoing pharmacy orders, ensuring drug, related supplies and patient collateral (education materials) are included
- May also perform drug/supply ordering and inventory/warehouse duties, including proper storage of drugs and supplies and appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, monitor and adjust/calibrate pharmacy equipment, fill dispensing units
- Properly packs product as required by Standard Operating Procedures
- Daily box preparation work
- Create or fix any shipping labels as needed
- Create shipping labels for international shipments
- Bring packages to shipping, Mail, and Courier as needed
- Assist with answering shipping and delivery door and inventory order
- Receipt and appropriate storage of box order
- Learn functions related to commercial courier and shipping system
- Ensure adequate stock of ice bricks for appropriate packaging of daily shipments
- Empties trash as needed and assembles shipping boxes
- Runs the end of day reports and manifestation Report
- Monitors and reports as necessary delivery exceptions reports
- Maintain knowledge of shipping holiday schedules
- Maintain open communications regarding courier issues with supervisor
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work and be punctual
- Ability to work a scheduled 8 hour shift between thr normal business hours of 8:00am - 6:00pm, Monday - Friday with flexibility to work occasional overtime and Holidays based on business needs
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment
Physical and Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds regularly and on occasion lift between 25 to 45 pounds
- Must be able to stand for an 8-10 hour shift
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Warehouse, Shipping and Receiving Warehouse Clerk, Picking and Packing, Farmingdale, NY
Back to top