Vice President, Product Portfolio - Optum State Government
Our Product Development and Management groups are vital to our success and in driving business growth. Success in these careers relies on many factors-your ability to deal with ambiguity, your ability to adapt and embrace change, and a long-term commitment to making health care better for everyone.
We have an opportunity for a VP, Product Portfolio to join the OptumInsight State Government Solutions team. OptumInsight is uniquely positioned to be the backbone of the healthcare industry achieving admirable goals like driving tens of billions of dollars of efficiency into the healthcare system. We have the portfolio breadth and depth to achieve this very worthy goal. As a VP, you will develop the strategy and vision for the Government portfolio including product roadmaps, evaluate product performance for enhancements and manage large cross product programs. You will strategically and creatively think about how the client experience should work and translate a vision to processes and requirements that impacts millions of lives. You will also be responsible for managing a team of senior product managers for our core products that support the critical needs of our state and local public health care community.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Prioritize - Align the product and services portfolio to market needs and priorities, to include change management as well as transformational initiatives, in collaboration with our go-to-market team, customers, product partners across Optum, teaming partners, and other internal stakeholder groups
- Design - Define the solution strategy and approach (e.g., make, buy, leverage/tailor) with effective system architecture and design that are sustainable, scalable, and fit for purpose
- Grow - Evangelize product solutions, engage product SME support with pursuits, promote industry leadership for business growth
- Enable - Empower and confirm delivery of solutions in alignment with architectural design
- Sustain - Optimize solution efficiencies and design
- Retire - Manage the de-commission process
- Lead - Lead the product managers, portfolio governance, and architectural governance; Secure and manage capital funding
- Collaborate - Relationship management with key stakeholders, internal and external
- Perform - Quantitatively drive and manage project and product management success to achieve business objectives
Candidates will possess:
- 10 + years of IT Services Product portfolio management experience
- 5 + year of health care technology experience
- 10 + years of experience managing complex projects, including complex product development processes
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize deliverables and work in a highly matrixed environment
- Proven organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
- Track record of effective executive level communication, including formal presentation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills to drive the establishment of evaluation processes and performance metrics
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experiences
- Experience managing state or local public health technology system(s)
- Experience with financial management and/or execution of multi-million dollar capital programs
- Engineering background, MBA, and/or consulting experience
- Ability to both develop strategies and execute plans
- Naturally curious
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top