Urgent Care Physician, - Vineland, NJ
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. We're also the career home for Physicians who are eager to bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day. Join us and you'll discover a chance to build meaningful relationships with the patients, their families and the health care providers who are responsible for their care.
- Provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as I&D, splinting, suturing, managing infection, and wound care
- Documenting / Charting patient information in line with current policies and procedures
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care
- Communicates with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate
- Follows established policies, procedures, objectives, and recommended referral practices
- Assists the CorporateCare division of MedExpress and pathways associated therewith
- Participates in facility in-services, required staff meetings, and other clinic operations procedures
- Orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interpret test results for deviation from normal
- Orientation and training of new practitioners when necessary. Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required
- Supervision of Advanced Practitioners when appropriate and abide by all associated rules and regulations
The Private Officer Practice has the complete authority with regard to medical decision making and patient care. The management service organization ("MSO") shall in no way determine or set the methods, standards or conduct of the practice of medicine or health care at or by Private Office Practice or any of the Professionals. The MSO provides consultation and recommendations through the Chief Medical Officer for the Private Office.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Medicine
- Current license by the State Board of Medical Examiners
- Board certified in a specialty field of medicine
- DEA license with no restrictions
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical experience in an emergency medicine, urgent care, or ambulatory care setting
- Ability to travel to other Centers
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in business applications and clinical management systems (EMR)
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment
- Professional communication principles and practices including business letter writing and advanced report preparation knowledge
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services
- Requires working in a clinical setting
- The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens
- Ability to stand and sit for hours at a time, (with some bending and stooping)
- Ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
Careers with MedExpress. Our focus is simple. We deliver high-quality, convenient, affordable health care in a patient-centric manner. With a full medical team, our neighborhood medical centers are open 12 hours a day, every day. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, employer health services, and basic wellness and prevention services. Everything we do is focused on our patients. And now we're part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, a team of more than 185,000 people working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. We're a physician-led group with administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA - but you can become part of our elite team almost anywhere in the country.
Join us. And start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Job Keywords: Healthcare, Medical, Clinical Operations, Urgent Care, Great Care. Fast, Expanding, Physician, MD, M.D., DO, D.O, Doctor, Medicine, Vineland, NJ
Back to top