- United States
ProHealth Physicians, part of OptumCare
If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization's that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut's leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work.(sm)
Support the Imaging team and its patients by providing quality diagnostic medical sonography services by following established standards and practices. Provide superior patient care while ensuring all exams meet the American College of Radiology ultrasound accreditation guidelines. Must have sound knowledge of Ultrasound techniques and patient positioning for patients' age birth to geriatrics. Possess strong communication skills with patients, staff, and Radiologists. The candidate must be able to work independently in a fast paced environment.
This is a per diem float position providing coverage in Central CT.
- Demonstrate respect for patients and ProHealth staff by presenting a friendly, courteous manner at all times and maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Provide attention to patients in a manner that builds confidence, trust and loyalty.
- Act as a member of the care team, including preparing patients for their Radiology exam by collecting and recording(as applicable): Patient Demographics, Height and Weight, current medications and chief complaint and history
- Review all patient orders for appropriate demographics, relevant information and meets the standard of "medical necessity".
- Triage patients according to approved protocols and consistent with ProHealth's Appointment and Scheduling Guidelines.
- Conduct patient clinical assessment and perform the diagnostic medical sonography examination ordered in accordance with professional and facility protocols.
- Apply independent, professional, ethical judgment, and critical thinking to safely and thoroughly perform diagnostic sonography exams.
- Apply independent judgement during the exam to ensure that appropriate anatomical, pathological and clinical conditions are accurately captured in the examination images.
- Document pertinent patient information for our Radiologists.
- As necessary, acquire additional ultrasound imaging to facilitate optimum diagnosis results for the Radiologist.
- Create and review your daily patient log for productivity and billing purposes.
- Use the CoActiv Picture Archive & Communication system (PACS) for reviewing images and reports.
- Review all of the Imaging reports for accuracy and contact the Radiology group for any necessary addendums.
- Order supplies and maintain appropriate records.
- Prepare and maintain equipment to follow our quality maintenance program. Follow ProHealth Physicians Imaging QI policies which include our report timeliness and completeness, productivity reporting, patient satisfaction surveys, and record keeping policies.
- Maintain knowledge of current coding, OSHA, ACR, HIPAA and IAC regulations and ProHealth policies.
- Assist care team to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Professional education completion at an accredited educational program for sonography and experience in abdominal, renal, vascular, gynecological, and small part exams
- Current sonography certification by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), and or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
- Must demonstrate commitment to professional growth and lifelong learning by completing required continuing medical education, research and training, etc...
- Basic computer knowledge and aptitude
- Dual registered candidate with diagnostic and cardiac imaging certification and experience
- Experience as an Ultrasound Tech
- Experience working on an electronic health record
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Ultrasound Tech, Sonographer, Middletown, CT, Connecticut, Ultrasound
Back to top