UHC Strategic Initiatives MBA Intern, C&S - Minnetonka, MN
- United States
At UnitedHealth Group and you'll get an opportunity to do something extraordinary: make a real difference. We have modest goals: Help 140 million people live healthier lives. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Brilliant. Compassionate. Driven. You'll find these people everywhere you turn here. You'll also find a world of career options fueled by your performance and limited only by imagination. Start here. And start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Here's the idea. We built focused businesses, inside UnitedHealth Group, organized around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Through our two business platforms, UnitedHealthcare and Optum, we work to improve the health care system and advance the health and well-being of individuals and communities so that they can enjoy better, fuller lives. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges. It's a culture of optimism that's not like any place you've ever worked. Many incredible ideas in one incredible company.
This is an opportunity to impact the health care system and to make a difference in the lives of millions of UnitedHealthcare members. By joining UnitedHealthcare as a summer intern, you will impact the development and implementation of new products and approaches to the healthcare marketplace that will improve people's lives.
During your summer internship, you will work with a high performance team supporting a variety of mission critical initiatives such as:
- As a part of a product team, you will identify ways to influence state or national policy through research and demonstration projects or by helping develop more competitive products that deliver both more value and improved outcomes for our members.
- You may join a team where you will help develop and pilot new approaches to addressing the social determinants of health - and help to change the broader circumstances of members' lives - providing greater stability, access, and wellbeing that can allow members to rise out of poverty.
- We are a key partner with the federal government in developing new strategies to promote health, wellness and independent lifestyles for our members. You may work on projects that help drive the development of national policy for specific critical populations.
- We are also partners with thousands of healthcare providers in every state - you may join a team dedicated to developing a network of providers that ensures access to quality care for all our members.
At UnitedHealthcare we provide peace of mind and security for community members throughout our country. Community & State serves the most disadvantaged in our society - that includes the 1/3 of all children in the country who are eligible for coverage by Medicaid - and how well we serve the greater good is the most critical result we achieve. Serving one in five Medicare beneficiaries, UnitedHealthcare is the largest business dedicated to the health and well-being needs of seniors and other Medicare beneficiaries. We are delivering on the promise made to our nation's retirees. By deploying innovative solutions to enhance the wellbeing of all our members we are improving the health of our country - one member at a time.
- Partner with business leaders, leading key initiatives such as new market launches, business development and other growth opportunities.
- Provide analysis and support on topics such as the competitive environment, health care industry, government relations and new market opportunities.
- Help create new solutions to address difficult and long standing challenges in improving healthcare outcomes.
- Support senior leaders in engaging with and influencing broad public healthcare policy development.
- Help create presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Currently enrolled in a Graduate degree program (MBA, MHA or MPH preferred) and scheduled to finish by June 2022
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Must be willing to work out of Minnesota or other corporate office location
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience in strategy, management consulting, product or general management in a healthcare related field is preferred
- Proven ability to articulate business strategies and formulate concise solutions to complex problems
- Excellent consultative, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Champion continuous change, consult with versatility, exhibit personal leadership and model a customer orientation
- Ability to effectively drive results in a dynamic, matrixed environment with a high degree of organizational change, growth and ambiguity
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
We are number 7 on the Fortune 500 and we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Job Keywords: Strategy, Strategic Initiatives, grad, MBA, intern, Minnesota, MN
Back to top