Technology Development Internship - Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix, AZ
You're about to take the next big step. You'll be at the intersection of technology and healthcare, about to create the next incredible solution. If you want to advance your learning in a technology environment that's always pushing the envelope, you've come to the right place. The technology group at Optum, part of UnitedHealth Group's thriving family of businesses, is a team of 22,000 people who are passionate about making a difference by using technology to help improve the lives of millions and make health care work better for all.
Throughout your approximate 10-week internship in the Technology Development Program (TDP), you'll be placed within one of our technology functions engaging in life-changing work in a variety of domains including software engineering, product engineering, platform engineering, enterprise architecture, data, and cybersecurity. You'll be leveraging modern technologies to transform and improve health care with a focus on simplification, enablement, enhancement, and modernization. In addition to challenging projects, TDP internships also offer networking, training and collaboration opportunities as well and mentorship from experienced technology professionals and leaders.
The intent of our internship program is to provide return internship opportunities or full-time employment opportunities at Optum, depending on eligibility.
Key Information Regarding the Internship Program:
- This full-time intern position will be available for the summer, starting June 2021
- Housing assistance may be available
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for potential future roles.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, other Engineering degree, IT, MIS, other technology related fields, or a specialized certificate in a technology related field
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college/university or certificate program during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require visa sponsorship, TN visa holders, current H-1B visa holders, and/or those requiring green card sponsorship will not be considered
- Proficient in core programming concepts and at least one programming language (Example: Python, Java, C, SQL, .NET)
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Involvement in any additional technical activities (Robotics, Comp. Science/Tech clubs, Tech or Engineering side projects, GitHub, etc.) and/or tech related employment experience
Join our elite team of technology professionals who are deeply engaged in determining how we can change and improve health care. Apply today. Find out how Optum's Technology Development Program can lead to your life's best work. (sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Early Careers, Entry Level, Information Technology, Technology Development, Technology Development Program, Intern, Internship, Programming, Developer, Software
Back to top