Technology Development Internship - Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix, AZ
You're about to take the next big step. We're about to create the next incredible solution. If you want to accelerate your learning in a technology environment that's always pushing the envelope, you've come to the right place. The technology group at Optum, part of UnitedHealth Group's thriving family of businesses, is a team of 12,000 people who are passionate about making a difference by using technology to help improve the lives of millions and make health care work better for all.
Throughout your 10-12 week internship, you'll be placed within one or more of our technology functions engaging in some of our most critical work in a variety of domains including software engineering, cybersecurity, enterprise architecture, product engineering, and platform engineering to name just a few. You might also have an opportunity to leverage automation, machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, or other modern technologies to transform and improve health care with a focus on simplification, enablement, enhancement, and modernization. Plus you'll be exposed to challenging projects, robust development opportunities, and collaboration with and mentoring from experienced technology professionals and leaders.
The intent of our internship program is to provide full-time employment opportunities at Optum after graduation.
As exciting as it may be, this kind of opportunity also presents unique challenges. You'll need to keep up with constantly evolving technology. You'll need to embrace our commitment to an agile and collaborative culture that drives our solutions, and you'll need to work in a disciplined approach to technology and processes that helps us protect the health care data of millions of individuals.
Key Information Regarding the Internship Program:
- Housing assistance may be available.
- This full-time intern position will be available for the summer, starting early June 2020.
- H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for potential future roles.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other technology-related fields
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require visa sponsorship, TN visa holders, current H-1B visa holders, and/or those requiring green card sponsorship will not be considered.
- Proficient in coding languages (Example: Java, C, R, Python, SQL & .NET)
- Minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA
Join our elite team of technology professionals who are deeply engaged in determining how we can change and improve health care. Apply today. Find out how Optum's Technology Development Program can lead to your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Early Careers, Entry Level, Information Technology, Technology Development, Technology Development Program, Intern, Internship, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona
Back to top