Technical Support Specialist - Minnetonka, MN
- Minnetonka, MN
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will be supporting users of the UHG R&D group.
Working Schedule: This is a full-time position with standard working hours of 8-5, M-F with the possibility of some OT. Our office is located at 5995 Opus Parkway, Minnetonka, MN 55343
- Provide Level 1 (first responder) support to user issues.
- Provisioning and deployment of computer hardware
- troubleshooting user issues on hardware, software, network and applications.
- Assist System/Network Administrators in computer room operations by building, deploying and maintaining servers.
- Assist the IT Security team with vulnerability (CVE) remediation, such as updating of OS and other software used in UHG R&D
- Assist in managing inventories of hardware and software that are deployed to users.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3 plus years of experience with Windows and MacOS operating systems
- 3 plus years of experience with Active Directory
- Knowledge of computer networking (Ethernet, TCP/IP, routing, DNS, DHCP)
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Microsoft Office 365
- Printing Technologies
- Citrix XenApp
- desktop and laptop hardware
- WiFi access points
- basic skills in shell scripting and powershell
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here .
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our COVID-19 Resources Page: click here .
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top