Surgery Technician, Part-Time - Muncie and Anderson, IN
- Muncie, IN
Opportunities with American Health Network, part of Optum. When you join American Health Network (AHN), you become part of a team that strives to identify and retain the top healthcare professionals in the markets it serves. At American Health Network, we want to be the best health care organization we can be. Our mission is to improve the health of our patients. We're a physician-led organization, operating over 70 medical offices in Indiana and Ohio, with over 300 providers and 1200 employees. We're also part of Optum, in the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, and backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. That's an important differentiator as more people need our help simplifying the complexities of the American health care system. At the same time, the culture of AHN supports work-life flexibility for employees and places a high value on their physical, emotional, financial and other aspects of well-being.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Precertifies procedures as needed
- Answers patient pre- and post-operation questions
- Assists in placing and positioning patients on the operating table
- Puts dressings on patients following surgery
- Maintains case log for surgeries and pathology reports, and other data as needed
- Inventories and orders office and medical supplies
- Places equipment and supplies in the operating room and arranges instruments according to instructions
- Assists team members with donning gowns and gloves
- Maintains supply of fluids, such as plasma, saline, blood, and glucose for use during the operation
- Hands instruments and supplies to the surgeon, holds retractors, cuts sutures, and performs other tasks as directed by the surgeon during the operation
- Counts sponges, needles, and instruments before and after operations
- Washes and sterilizes equipment
- Cleans the operating room
- Attends meetings and participates on committees as requested
- Reviews current literature and attends training sessions and seminars to keep informed of new developments in the field
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as directed
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Schedule anticipated to be around 20 hours/ week in both the Marion and Muncie offices. This includes every Tuesday, 2 Thursdays/ month, and vacation coverage as needed.
- High school degree/ GED or higher
- Pursuing or completed education in surgery technician field
- CST Certification or the ability to obtain within 180 days of employment
- Associate's degree or higher
- 1+ year of experience working as a surgery technician
- CPR Certification
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Surgery Technician, Certified Surgery Technician, CST, Muncie, Anderson, IN, Indiana
Back to top