Supervisor, Electro-Mechanical Equipment Services - Overland Park, KS
- Overland Park, KS
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Automation Equipment Maintenance Supervisor coordinates with the Team Lead in supporting and optimizing mail order pharmacy throughput and minimizing downtime through the scheduling and completion of routine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and process improvement strategies. The Supervisor is also responsible for the completion of planned maintenance for the department and automation equipment readiness.
This position will sit onsite at 6860 West 115th St, Overland Park, KS 66211.
- This is a hands-on position that requires strong debugging and troubleshooting skills within Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic and PLCs
- Identify training needs and tracks OJT to ensure craftsmen base is maintained and improving.
- Install, setup, troubleshoot, and maintain various mail order pharmacy equipment and prototyping/testing new improvement projects
- Troubleshoot / repair / replace faulty electrical components such as: Motors, relays, switches, servos, VFD, and other sensing devices
- Effectively maintain programming, troubleshoot, determine root causes of failure and perform corrective actions
- Maintain and repair all of the automation dispensing equipment to operate at optimum throughput and minimum downtime
- In charge of the implementation and optimization of Preventative/Predictive/Corrective maintenance program
- Create new PM procedure / checklist / SOP and training documents for all automation dispensing equipment
- Maintain and track records on all PMs and maintenance work orders
- Ensure to maintain adequate inventories of spare parts, tools and supplies to support production equipment
- Direct daily maintenance activities, establish work schedules and provide proper training to Automation Equipment Maintenance personnel
- Man-hour efficiency of the direct reports through their assignment and completion of all planned and unplanned maintenance to Mail Order Pharmacy equipment
- Ensuring all Automation personnel have properly recorded completed work order and parts used within the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Provide support to the Automation team in finding solutions to complex problems
- Work with Engineering and production Leadership in prioritizing maintenance activities and improvement / enhancement projects to minimal impact production goals
- Metric to measure equipment performance, provide action plan to maintain minimal downtime
- Develop goals and set performance expectation for Automation Equipment Maintenance team
- Supervisory activities which require conflict management, developing subordinates, directing subordinates, managing and measuring performance, motivating, and building team spirit and moral
- Work in collaboration with engineering and production leadership on all equipment related issues
- Report to upper management on equipment condition and status per down call protocol
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or 2+ years of additional equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience leading teams
- 5+ years of experience in the repair, troubleshooting, and maintenance of an automated manufacturing or distribution line
- 5+ years of experiences with electrical, mechanical maintenance experience within industrial, manufacturing, or automated fulfillment center industries
- 5+ years of experience working in high volume, multiple-shifts, Manufacturing environment
- Experience with control logic such as Allen-Bradley/Rockwell Software PLC, HMI, RSLogic500/5000, and Studio 5000
- Experience with 3-phase 480 volts industrial electrical systems, electrical wiring, electrical conduit and motor control circuits
- Experience with maintaining work orders, parts inventory, hours, etc. with computerized systems such as CMMS or SAP
- Experience in the following processes: Descrambling, Labeling, Pill Filling, Capping, Weighting, Sorting, and Packaging
- eMaint CMMS experience
- Beckhoff PLC experience
- Experiences with maintenance troubleshooting using PLC tool and data sets
- AC/DC motors and motor controls
- Experience with Automated Conveyor Lines
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance program, policies/procedures
- Ability to handle multitasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Team player, a positive attitude and be proactive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Must be a self-starter
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here .
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Supervisor, Electro-Mechanical Equipment Services, Overland Park, KS, Kansas
Back to top