Supervisor Clinical Operations Oncology Henderson
- Boulder City, NV
Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join and lead a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of our millions of customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
The Supervisor of Clinic Operations is responsible for supervising and coordinating staff and clinic activities to provide quality, cost-effective care. Responsible for supporting the patient through excellent customer service while achieving Southwest Medical financial goals. Provides technical and business support and supervision of daily clinic operations. The position works closely with the provider leads and management team to optimize patient flow and eliminate potential front/back office barriers. Ensures the overall competency of assigned staff and maintains facility compliance with Federal and State regulations and Southwest Medical policies and procedures.
- Supervises daily operations at clinic site and coordinates the work activities and schedules
- Administers clinic policies and procedures in a consistent and timely manner
- Train and supervise assigned employees
- Ensures that office space, supplies, equipment, and assistance are provided and maintained appropriately
- Responsible to ensure accurate charges are entered in IDX
- Identifies and resolves work problems to ensure quality patient service
- Actively participates in financial reports, budget and prepares variance reports
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested
- Prepares reports and manages assigned projects, oversees all business related functions including cash handling and daily batch audits and payroll functions
- Responsible for implementation of safety functions in clinics and daily facility management to include alarm response (if applicable) and facility maintenance. Attend safety meetings and provide input for change to meet safety regulations. Ensure completion of safety training for new employees and completion of quarterly fire drills
- Collaborates with Physician Leads in the performance evaluation process
- Other duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years of medical or business office experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- CPR certified or willing to obtain upon hire
- AA degree or higher education in healthcare operations, business office, or related field
- 1+ year of supervisory or team lead experience
- Budget, reporting, auditing, referral/prior authorization, and payroll experience
- Experience working in an Ambulatory or Inpatient Oncology setting
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: supervisor, oncology, Las Vegas, Southwest Medical, EMR, EHR, lead, supervisor, train, coach, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Nevada, NV
Back to top