Staff Accountant- Genoa Healthcare- Renton, WA
- East Hill-Meridian, WA
Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you're part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness - and those who care for them - have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services - in-clinic pharmacies, telepsychiatry and medication management - are leading the way to a new level of care.
We recently joined OptumRx, a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optum and UnitedHealth Group's family of businesses. We are part of a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life's best work . SM
The company strives to make a positive impact in our partner clinic and clients' lives to improve care and outcomes. Through our integrated care model, we work closely with partner clinics to ensure high-quality care to an expanding patient population. We are seeking a Staff Accountant. This position is located at Genoa's corporate headquarters in Renton, WA.
Under general supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant position is responsible for a wide range of accounting and accounting related activities such as month-end close, accrual accounting and month-end account reconciliations, variance analysis and reporting. This position will be responsible for payroll and intercompany accounting, and analysis. Must have a solid understanding of payroll accounting, and a strong accounting and analytical aptitude. This individual must be able to work alone under self-direction and also work well with cross-functional teams to resolve accounting issues. Good communications skills are essential, as the position has contacts to various levels within the organization.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare payroll journal entries
- Resolve discrepancies with automated journal entry posting daily
- Reconcile payroll, tax, accrual, and intercompany accounts
- Perform monthly variance analysis by GL account against prior periods and budget.
- Prepare and review assigned accounts in monthly balance sheet account reconciliation.
- Prepare year end schedules and support audit requests
- Provide accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information and supporting integration.
- Assist in supporting team, answer accounting related questions and assisting accounting staff as help is needed.
- Identify and implement process improvements and strive to follow best practices to enhance the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of individual and team work product.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Provide coverage for team as needed.
- Have the ability to be flexible with your work schedule if it is necessary to meet deadlines or deliverables as assigned by the Accounting Manager, Director or Executive Management. This is a requirement during End of Month Close.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting experience .
- CPA or CPA candidate and public accounting experience preferred, but not required.
- Healthcare industry experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills including the ability to create templates, pivot tables, VLOOKUP's/HLOOKUP's, etc.
- Strong analytical, planning, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player and have ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout Company organization.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics GP, People Soft experience a plus.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage various work assignments in a fast paced environment.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top