Sr. Software Engineer - New York
- Gloversville, NY
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of the Genoa Telepsychiatry team. We are increasing access to behavioral healthcare in underserved communities across the U.S. by building telepsychiatry programs that connect patients with psychiatrists & APRNs remotely. We have programs in over 35 states providing 250,000+ appointments annually. Our New York team is growing fast and offers ample career development opportunities in a mission-driven culture valuing empathy, collaboration, grit, and continuous learning.
• Deliver high-quality software tools that support our mission to expand access to mental health care
• Develop web-based applications using front-end and back-end technologies such as React, Redux, and Ruby on Rails
• Build data integrations with our clinical and payor partners
• Provide technical leadership to define and own implementation patterns that scale with our business
• Mentor, and be mentored by other team members
• Work as a partner with our product team to represent engineering interests and inform product decisions
• Solve technical problems, simple and complex, in a lean and efficient manner
• Follow engineering best practices and cultivate a best-practices culture
• Resolve to put the customer first, by chasing ROI in all engineering efforts, recognizing that doing something the fastest way possible, lets us do more for patients
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a similar field of study, or equivalent experience
• 4 - 6 years of experience with web development
• Experience with healthcare data exchange and integration using HL7, FHIR, or similar data standards
• Experience delivering multiple production-quality web applications
• Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and pursuit of continued learning
• Willingness to learn about Genoa Telepsychiatry's business model and be a champion of telepsychiatry
• Individuals with a desire to work at a fast-growing health-tech company. A passion for working in healthcare
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top