Sr. Software Engineer - Eden Prairie, MN
- Eden Prairie, MN
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
- Implementing API and data streaming capabilities, building cloud deployment platforms, and working across fully automated stacks in a CI / CD ecosystem
- Experience in integrating, diagnosing and debugging complex systems
- Creates and maintains system documentation according to the IT methodology
- Collaborates and communicates with IT cross-functional teams and business people about technology
- Proactively keeps-up with industry and technology best practices
- Implement best practices and coding standards of the project
- Performing all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, and code development & testing
- Designing and implementing product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Design, develop and test reusable frameworks, libraries and Java components
- Expected to adapt in dynamic and collaborative work environment and make independent decision
- Understand new product capabilities and decompose the implementation into specific functional changes for verification
- Participate in Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases
- Collaborate with the scrum team to meet project timelines
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
- Mentor and guide other engineers within the team
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of progressive software engineering experience
- 8+ years of experience writing API's using core Java (utilizing frameworks like Spring Boot, etc.)
- 5+ years of data streaming experience with Frameworks like Kafka etc.
- 5+ years of experience in Data Integration methods such as ETL/ELT/ELTL, Data Pipeline etc.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL etc.
- 5+ years of experience in CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, XL Deploy/XL Release, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with Cassandra, Prometheus, Grafana
- 3+ years of experience with container technologies (e.g. OpenShift , Kubernetes, AWS, Azure)
- 3+ years of experience with various frameworks (e.g. Splunk, ELK, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with test frameworks (e.g. Spock, JUnit, etc.)
- Experience with engineering platforms at scale in public + private clouds
- Experience working across fully automated stacks in a CI/CD ecosystem
- Agile DevOps delivery model experience
- Experience with event driven architecture and technologies
- Experience with HL7 standards such as HL7 FHIR, etc.
- Experience with Spring Framework, Spring Cloud Dataflow, Spring Batch, Spring Task, etc.
- Experience in the following provider data domains: Health Systems, Healthcare Facilities, Practitioners, Claims Data, Healthcare contracts, Provider Identifiers (Tax ID, NPI, DEA #, other government IDs), etc.
- Experience collecting data requirements, exploring internal/external sources and extracting data into databases for analytical purposes
- Experience with Data architecture/modeling - utilizing best practices to develop a framework to clean/transform data via data pipelines
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Provides explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- Acts as a resource for others with less experience
- Experience with Cassandra, Kafka, Prometheus, Grafana
- Experience with test case automation
- Experience in agile environments (using tools like CA Agile Central)
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top