Sr Project Manager, Risk Adjustment - San Antonio, TX
- San Antonio, TX
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr Project Manager, Risk Adjustment Support, is responsible for managing small thru large projects and other smaller work efforts ensuring scope is delivered according to deadlines, budget, and quality standards.
This position uses expertise and leadership skills to direct project team(s) and ensure project goals, requirements, other deliverables, and delivery deadlines are met. The Project Manager develops project plans, builds project schedules, manages project meetings, communicates progress and status, enforces quality, management, and identifies, responds, and manages risks, issues, changes and manages all information technology project activities and ensures all project phases are documented appropriately.
- Creates and executes project plans and revises appropriately to meet changing requirements and needs. Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using the appropriate tools. Manages day-to-day operational and tactical activities of a project. Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations. Diagnoses task/procedural change issues and helps to resolve the problem
- Ensures that project documents are current and complete, as well as appropriately managed and stored. Assures that project legal documents are completed and signed. Conducts project post-mortems and creates lessons learned reports to identify project elements that were both successful and unsuccessful
- Determines the content of status reports and frequency of delivery; analyzes results of the progress reports troubleshoot problem areas. Defines project success criteria, communicating that throughout the Project team. Reviews deliverables prepared by the Project team
- Understands how to communicate difficult and sensitive information tactfully. Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors. Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies any potential crisis or issues and devises contingency plans to mitigate concerns
- Effectively applies the company's Project Management Software Development Lifecycle methodology and enforces project standards. Minimizes exposure and risk on a project. Ensures timely completion of project level tasks. Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities. Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the Project team
- Support and mentor other Project Managers/associates on the team
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Information Technology or related field required. (4+ years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor's degree)
- 5+ years of major systems implementation experience
- 5+ years experience working all aspects of the System Development Life Cycle
- 3+ years leading technical projects, including development, integration, execution, and delivery
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management including tools and techniques
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other project management certification
- Experience in EMR/ Physician Practice Management, HMO Claims/Platform systems, or other healthcare software implementation experience
- Understanding of at least one of the following key areas of healthcare business including Payer, Claims, Clinical Care, and Health Care Economics
- Proficiency with MS Office (Including Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience with MS Project and MS Visio
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Experience developing requirements and performing system analysis
- Experience working with test plans and test cases
- Familiar with process engineering methodologies
- Knowledge of Client-Server Technologies, Web Development and Network Operating Systems, Network architecture, Cloud and Internet Technologies
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr Project Manager, Risk Adjustment, San Antonio, TX, Texas
Back to top