Sr Principal Data Engineer - San Antonio, TX or Eden Prairie, MN
- United States
Functions may include database architecture, engineering, design, optimization, security, and administration; as well as data modeling, big data development, Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) development, storage engineering, data warehousing, data provisioning and other similar roles. Responsibilities may include Platform-as-a-Service and Cloud solution with a focus on data stores and associated eco systems.
Duties may include management of design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, ensuring strict data quality, and performing needs assessments. Analyzes current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging data storage and retrieval system capabilities. Manages relationships with software and hardware vendors to understand the potential architectural impact of different vendor strategies and data acquisition. Design schemas, write SQL, or other data markup scripting and helps to support development of Analytics and Applications that build on top of data.
Data Engineering Capabilities
- Interacted and coordinated between end-users, expert team, development and QA team and suggesting key enhancements and changes to the business rules.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on business data and consult with business owners on the characteristics, attributes and limitation of the data.
- Lead the projects for complete SDLC with in depth new and existing Business Intelligence capabilities.
- Database cleansing and migrating between different versions of SQL DBs, worked with raw data to analyze before migration.
- Technically skilled (backed by continuous hands on experience) in developing global warehouse architectures, policies, Security procedures and integrating the in-flight projects to leverage existing technology investments.
- Data Warehouse development working with Data Migration, Data Conversion, and Extraction/Transformation/Loading using SQL Server.
- Robust experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse Architecture, Dimensional Modeling, Data Quality and various estimations (Space, Efforts, and Hardware etc) involved to setup enterprise warehouse Extensive experience in preparing Business & functional requirement documents.
- Managed the evaluation of ETL and OLAP tools and recommended the most suitable solutions depending on business needs.
- Strong experience in reviewing and recommending documentation of test cases. Expertise in designing and developing test plans.
- Strong problem solving, logical/rational thought processes and demonstrated analytical abilities
- Optimization and scalability analysis
- Assess, analyze and design data flows
- Design data models
- Write code for design changes, data migration, and reference data
- Deploy code using standard and non-standard methodology
- Collaborate with business partners to ensure data standardization
- Design/define data validation rules
- Adherence to data management processes and capabilities
- Ensure proper data lineage/mapping from source to target within transactional systems
- Assist with mapping and lineage issues downstream
- Work with database teams to evaluate and establish physical database requirements
- Ensure that technical specifications/design documents optimize database performance
- Ensure inclusion of appropriate data recovery strategies in technical specifications/design documents
- Provide knowledge transfer changes through release deployment to production support
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 8+ years of experience in MS SQL Server including 2 years exp with version 2016
- 6+ years of experience with the analysis, design, and development of database structures and ETL processes within an enterprise database management system (e.g. MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with MS SSIS
- 5+ experience in any of the following: Enterprise Data Warehouse Architecture, Dimensional Modeling, Data Quality and various estimations (Space, Efforts, and Hardware etc.) involved to setup enterprise warehouse
- 5+ years of experience in Development of technical requirements
- 3+ years of experience in performance tuning and optimizations
- Experience with loading large, analytical and operational data structures including data requirements, data mapping, requirements and specification, data delivery and performance tuning
- Experience working with a structured application development process in the health care industry
- Experience in a data integrations development and operations department
- Experience with healthcare data, applications, business processes and best practices
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: SSIS; SQL; ETL; Data Warehouse; BI; TX, Texas, San Antonio, Eden Prairie, Mn, Minnesota
Back to top