If you are a Software Engineer who takes pride in what you deliver and passionate about building highly scalable APIs, we have a great opportunity for you. We are looking for a Lead Java Software Engineer who can help us modernize our APIs and migrate those to Azure
You will work with a great team of engineers to build a set of micro-services that will power our member portals and mobile applications.
You will serve as a lead on the Optum Benefits API team within Optum Digital.
- Create micro-services, implement telemetry solutions, and build CI/CD pipelines
- Design and build re-usable libraries and components
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Provide technical leadership to multiple scrum teams
- Create innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business and to improve the overall health and reliability of the applications
- Implement best practices and coding standards
- Deliver product features incrementally while maintaining the big picture view
- Coach and mentor other developers in the team
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in Software Engineering
- 5+ years of experience with Java or JVM languages such as Kotlin
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing RESTful services
- 3+ years of Agile delivery experience
- 3+ years of experience in building microservices using Spring boot
- 3+ years of experience working on an agile team
- 3+ years of experience development/ maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- 3+ years of experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases
- 3+ year of cloud experience
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Related education in computer science or IT niche
- Experience delivering software using Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience in Kafka or other even streaming technologies
- Experience in Kotlin, Spock, Docker, Azure, Jenkins, Grafana, Splunk
- Experience working in a DevOps model
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment while maintaining adherence to standards and best practices
- Healthcare industry experience
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
Technology Careers with Optum . Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Java Software Engineer, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Basking Ridge, NJ, New Jersey