Sr. Financial Consultant (Healthcare) - Ontario, California
- Ontario, CA
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Financial Consultant supports the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team of the OptumCare Local Care Delivery Pacific West Region. This role supports financial planning, forecasting, budgeting, contracting & analysis, with primary responsibility for SG&A. This role will have regular interaction with executives and various business units. This role involves high visibility with business leaders and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. A top-notch Financial Consultant is a valuable addition for both the company and the CFO, producing high quality output that executives can use to grow and improve the business.
- Collaborate with various levels of management to produce quarterly forecast that supports short and long term financial planning.
- Provide financial support and commentary for month end variance analysis for management review.
- Understand complex business unit roll-ups, consolidations and eliminations
- Prepare financial reports and analysis used during month-end close
- Prepare internal monthly reporting packages for assigned business units, including Trended Income Statement, Revenue Analysis, G&A Analysis, and Key Performance Indicators, etc.
- Maintain report design and proactively identify and make changes as needed
- Update and modify as needed complex financial models and analytical tools
- Handle ad-hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues, providing explanations and interpretations
- Perform work in a self-directed manner and work with less structured, more complex issues
- Possible staff to supervise
- Act as a resource to others
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Accounting and/or similar discipline with analytical bias.
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in positions that require analysis
- Experience with Financial Statements
- Experience with Financial Planning software (what software do you use?) Hyperion, moving to AnaPlan.
- Strong technical skills are required:
- Advanced Excel skills
- SQL &/or Access proficiency strongly preferred
- Experience creating Ad-hoc Reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous environment; multi-tasking skills are crucial
- Being self-motivated and resourceful; being able to take initiative
- Proven analytical ability and attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical skills; financial models are efficient, scalable, and intuitive
- Demonstrated financial and/or analytical experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis highly preferred
- Experience working with Healthcare financials a plus
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial statements
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Financial Planning, financial statements, forecasting, budgeting, financial analysis, healthcare, managed care, analytics, ad-hoc report, SQL, Excel, Ontario, CA, California
Back to top