Sr Data Engineer - Boston, MA or Austin, TX
- Boston, MA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are seeking a Data Engineer who is eager to tackle the challenges of processing vast amounts of EHR data originating from multiple sources. You will need to develop a deep understanding of the data and drive efforts to maintain and improve data quality and usability. You should understand the importance and value of writing maintainable, documented, and well-tested code throughout the entire product lifecycle. Above all, you should be curious about what is possible in healthcare with the right tools and infrastructure.
- Design and maintain data pipelines and services using best practices for data management and governance
- Deploy machine learning and NLP applications in production
- Work with EHR data across teams with ETL, NLP engineers and data scientists, researchers and clinicians to provide data services with high data quality control standard
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Computational Linguistics, related field, OR equivalent experience
- Programming experience, including solid Python experience, following software engineering best practices
- Experience building and maintaining data pipelines and data assets
- Experience with distributed data processing frameworks such as Spark or MapReduce
- Experience as an individual contributor, hands-on developer, non-manager role executing on engineering projects as a primary job responsibility
- Demonstrated knowledge of data management best practices
- Prioritization skills; ability to manage ad-hoc requests in parallel with ongoing projects
- Experience running machine learning or NLP applications at scale
- Experience with data pipeline frameworks such as Airflow, Luigi or Oozie
- Experience with search engines (Elasticsearch or Solr)
- Experience with cloud-based computing (AWS or Azure)
- Experience with Scala, in particular with Spark Scala API
- Familiarity with EHR data and standards (HL7 or FHIR)
- Experience with HBase or other non-relational data bases
- Experience with code and process documentation
- Experience with explaining, educating, presenting and/or training non-engineers on engineering concepts and processes
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
- Experience with ETL
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: NLP ML AI "Python Development" Automated Data Pipeline Development Healthcare "optumconsulting" Boston Massachusetts MA
Back to top