Sr. Clinical Assistant - West Valley City, UT
- West Valley City, UT
Compassion is the essential trait that drives superior health care performance. But it's just a start. At OptumCare innovative thinking is just as important. Our unique team of health care providers are an emerging and important part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our approach is designed to help physicians and other providers deliver the right care at the right time in the right setting. That takes smart ideas and incredible teamwork. And that's where you come in. In this role, you'll support a clinical team that's helping patients in new and better ways while giving them a generous helping of compassion and respect.
This position involves travel within the Wasatch area.
- Perform preventive care screenings at homes and at physicians' offices per business need
- Manage physician faxbacks and route to appropriate staff identifying opportunities for education
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of RNs, pharmacists and technicians
- Participate in education to provider network on best practices in quality of care
- Assist RNs with onsite and remote data abstraction for HEDIS measures
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma or GED
- 6+ months experience in patient facing position such as medical assistant, phlebotomist, CNA, etc.
- CPR certified or willing to obtain upon hire
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client or patient sites within a designated area
- Experience in a primary care office with both front and back office experience
- 1+ years of experience working as a medical assistant
- ICD -10 and CPT coding experience
- Working knowledge of health insurance: HMO, PPO, Medicare and Medicaid
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: medical assistant, MA, MALCDCBDriver2019, HEDIS, Excel, West Valley City, Wasatch
Back to top