Sourcing & Procurement Intern - Minnetonka, MN
- United States
We'll set you up for a successful full-time position by putting you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your analytical and organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Internship allows you to develop and practice skills related to purchasing goods and services for the UnitedHealth Group (UHG) enterprise. You will learn parts of the process supporting purchasing activities and apply analytical skills to enhance the process. Interns will be exposed to and work projects related to sourcing, analyzing and negotiating good and services. Current spend under management is $8 billion. UHG Sourcing & Procurement acts as a liaison between UHG businesses and suppliers to satisfy needs and maximize value of the purchase. Internship will develop skills by working on projects to support the team that provides exceptional consultation to all UHG businesses for all Supply Chain activities. Projects will include some aspects of the following: data analysis, analytical tool development, process assessment and improvement, standardization, market analysis, current supplier performance and industry best practices.
Internship may lead to full-time employment in an 18-24 month rotation development program within the Sourcing& Procurement team of approximately 200 employees.
- Learn operations and work on improvement opportunities associated with sourcing and purchasing process including proprietary ordering system, fundamentals of the purchase to pay process and supplier risk and performance review
- Facilitate and drive cost reduction and value maximization opportunities for UHG businesses by vendor consolidation, value analysis, assessment of current spend and performance of suppliers
- Analyze and validate savings associated with supplier negotiations
- As opportunities are worked, recommend solutions based upon data analysis to increase business efficiency and/or improve business processes
- Perform other duties as assigned by members of management
- Open to college students interested in this field
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in business, purchasing, operations or related field from an accredited college / university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Expert in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Junior with expected graduation of Spring 2022
- Prior work or internship experience in business or analysis
- Experience managing multiple priorities
- Critical thinking experience
- Experience identifying barriers to success and business trends
- Experience in areas related to data analysis, purchasing, contracts, accounting, budgeting, or healthcare
- Experience managing multiple projects / priorities, workload prioritization
- Experience interacting and fostering open dialogue with colleagues, internal departments, and supply base
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sourcing & Procurement Rotation Development Internship, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota
Back to top