Solutions Architect - Optum Behavioral Health (MN, NJ, CT or NC)
- Eden Prairie, MN
This is a Solution Architect position supporting the Clinical and Telepsychiatry capability within the Optum Behavioral Health (BH) domain. As a Solution Architect at UnitedHealth Group you will partner with the BH line of business and software delivery leadership to deliver software solutions in accordance with our roadmaps that act as guides for achieving the long-term strategic plans of the enterprise. In this role you will provide recommendations and technical guidance to improve performance, reliability, and reusability within the constraints of budget, resource and business dependencies. You will take on some of the toughest challenges as we move to align to an enterprise clinical solution and will act as a key consultant and guide in achieving our long-term strategy through the development of designs, artifacts and solutions. Responsible for communicating BH clinical architecture vision, technical strategies, and trade-offs across various levels in the organization to gain buy-in.
- Essential duties include Modeling the technical landscape to analyze the alignment of business capabilities with delivered technology and IT solutions
- Analyzing the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and collaborating with Enterprise Architecture from other lines of business and development team architects to recommend solutions for improvement
- Communicate and coordinate with Product Owner (PO), Enterprise Architect (EA) and
- Delivery Lead (DL) and give technical leadership for the team
- Provide architecture design, recommendations, blue-print and roadmaps for the product supported by this role.
- Work with the Agile delivery teams to ensure that features are sufficiently groomed including the creation of solution intent documentation in advance of agile planning sessions.
- Provide strategic and tactical architecture direction to Delivery Teams aligning to product owner values
- Prepare materials for Architectural Review Boards that demonstrate the alignment of the software delivery to enterprise practices and roadmaps
- Work across multiple Line of Business IT teams to build cross segment reusable micro-products
- Research new technology, framework & tools to create solution which are cost effective, high performance & resilient
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA/BS degree or higher in an IT or Business-related field
- 10+ years of IT work experience preferably within the Healthcare industry
- 6+ years of experience in business strategy or solutions architecture is also needed.
- 3+ years of experience in software design/development and/or IT Architecture
- Experience in areas such as business process re-engineering, transformation, problem and large scale domain or enterprises solution analysis and implementation and understanding and translating business needs into IT solutions.
- Experience with SDLC's, preferably with non-waterfall industry methodologies DevOps and Agile.
- Java/J2EE or .NET experience
- High performance ETL processing
- Azure public cloud
- Data streaming (Kafka, message queueing)
- Must be able to work in MN, NJ, CT or NC Optum locations.
- Candidates Must be able to work in the U.S. without visa/immigration assistance. (green card holder or U.S. Citizen)
- Hadoop\Big Data experience
Technology Careers with Optum . Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Solutions Architect, Optum Behavioral Health, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Raleigh, NC, North Carolina, New Jersey, Basking Ridge, NJ, Hartford, CT, Connecticut
Back to top