Software Engineer La Palma, CA
- Cerritos, CA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
Working with minimal supervision, the Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for development, communication and implementation of the organization's technology applications, including the components required to support it and in the integration of corporate and business architectures and applications. The individual is responsible for coordinating, administering and supporting activities related to data planning, data recovery and development and related projects. The individual is also involved in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications and reports consistent with the established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value. Detailed tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborates with IT teams (Business Systems Analysis, DBA, etc) to understand/refine/influence business requirements and defines end-to-end operational vision
- Ensures quality of requirements for solutions development
- Supports current domains and strategic roadmaps for solutions that are aligned with business and IT goals
- Develop,document and incorporate software and system architecture from conceptual designs
- Review conceptual designs to ensure scalability/applicability/quality/comprehensiveness
- Ensure traceability between solution summary and applicable requirements
- Evaluates and drives new project development
- Develops technical specifications/design documents as defined in application/system designs and are clearly and comprehensively documented, understood and traceable to business requirements
- Creates and executes unit test plans and documents results
- Conducts all required reviews (e.g., code reviews, test plan reviews)
- Reviews and troubleshoots potential coding issues.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of how the application may be impacted in all aspects of the testing process (e.g., regression testing)
- Analyzes/fixes defects identified in testing; including root cause analysis
- Supports organized source code control and release management
- Leads and mentor associates. May assist management and/or provide recommendations for associate development, training and input for performance appraisals.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
- Bachelor's degree, and/or related functional area or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience developing .NET applications using Microsoft technologies (C#, VB.NET, SSRS, SSIS)
- 3+ years of experience programming views, stored procedures, and functions using SQL Server (preferably 2012 and above)
- 3+ years of experience in leading programs/projects through the entire life cycle
- 1+ years of experience in Healthcare/Insurance
- Must demonstrate experience in participating in system application design and translate business requirements into technical requirements and design.
- Must have experience creating design documents and other technical requirements documentation
- Experienced with source control usage (TFS, GIT) and multi-environment development projects
- Knowledgeable in SDLC processes, roles, responsibilities and deliverables.
- Understanding of healthcare systems (authorization, claims, referrals, eligibility, provider, etc...)
- PBM knowledge
- Understanding of Managed Care concepts
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software Engineer, La Palma, CA, California
Back to top