Social Worker (MSW) - Ogden, UT
- Salt Lake City, UT
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Social workers are responsible for providing social work services to patients and families. They function as a member of the departmental team which includes educating the patient, family and members of the healthcare team regarding benefits, community resources, referrals for counseling and other pertinent information. Social workers are also responsible for triaging referrals and collaborating on cases with other members of the healthcare delivery team. In addition, social workers must be able to assist the patient in a sensitive and supportive manner, while acting as an advocate on behalf of the patient.
The social worker will travel 75-90% of the time to the following counties in Odgen: Davis, Weber, Cache, Box Elder and Morgan. All Social Workers are required to follow current COVID-19 procedures. **PPE will be provided.
- Assess patient and family psychosocial needs and develop plan of care in concert with members, nurses and other members of the medical management team
- Link members and family to appropriate community resources including but not limited to information/referral to sources of financial assistance, transportation, support groups and other community services
- Document members and family status, diagnosis, treatment plan, goals, interventions, evaluation results, observations and progress in medical record
- Serve as an advocate and liaison with physicians, families, community agencies and others as needed to ensure continuity of care
- Provide discharge planning as part of a team approach while working closely with a registered nurse and pharmacy team
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Licensed Master's degree-level clinician in psychology, social work, counseling or marriage or family counseling, OR a licensed PhD OR an RN with 2 or more years' experience in behavioral health
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted
- 2 or more years of experience in a related mental health environment
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Case management experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: social worker, mental health, behavioral health, RN, PhD, Optum, OptumCare, case management, psychology, counseling, marriage family counseling , Ogden, UT, Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, Optum, OptumCare
Back to top