Skilled Nursing Facility Physician - Tucson, AZ
At OptumCare, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at OptumCare is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can-do cultur - we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Skilled Nursing Facility Physician to join our team.
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients in Skilled Nursing Facilities within the greater Tucson area
- Coordinates care and coverage with the SNF team Nurse Practitioners
- Counsels and educates patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Documents items such as: chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies, assessment and plan
- Formulates diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribes and administers medications, therapies, and procedures
- Orders lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services
- Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintains quality of care standards as defined by the practice
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active and unrestricted Arizona medical license.
- Board certified or eligible in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Current and unrestricted DEA certificate
- Ability to see patients in the SNF setting on a daily basis
- Ability to share in the weekend coverage rotation (compensated)
- Outstanding organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Takes Initiative, creative, has problem solving ability, is adaptable, and flexible
- Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- 1+ years of SNF experience
- Managed Care/IPA/Health Plan experience
- Certified Medical Director
Careers with OptumCare. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. OptumCare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing
Job Keywords: Skilled Nursing Faciltiy Physician, OptumCare, Tucson, AZ, Arizona
Back to top