Senior Underwriting Consultant, Group Retiree - Minnetonka, MN
For those who believe in the power of data to help write the next chapter in the history of health care, here's your opportunity. Advancement, an elite group of peers, variety of product lines, and rewards for delivering on our mission ensures you will always be challenged at UnitedHealth Group to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Underwriting Consultant will analyze health benefit plan characteristics and assess risks as to frequency and potential severity of loss of clients. They will utilize underwriting criteria and policies to provide proper rating methodologies. They will also build and maintain models to assist in the economic analysis of market alternatives. The Senior Underwriting Consultant is responsible for the evaluation and recommends alternative pricing options and plan design changes based on economic analysis and trends.
This role handles new business and renewal work for retiree populations. Fully insured experience is highly desired. Experience with Medicare Advantage plans is an asset.
- Prepare financial modeling for reserve calculation, budget calculation, and other ongoing reviews that directly aligns with client strategies
- Validate renewals and request for proposals for accuracy including utilization and experience reporting
- Conduct competitive analysis of all coverage lines and present financial and contractual findings
- Interact with sales area on new business and renewal pricing
- 5+ years' experience in healthcare underwriting for any variety of products: PPO, HMO, self-funded, ASO/fully-insured, group or individual
- Intermediate or greater level of proficiency with MS Office suite (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Able to travel up to 25% nationally, client meetings
- Post Graduate Degree in Math, Finance, Business or related degree
- 3+ years' experience with Risk Management
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Underwriting Consultant, Group Retiree, financial modeling, healthcare underwriting, risk management, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota
Meet Some of UnitedHealth Group's Employees
Jessica D.Compassion Manager
Jessica studies how compassion fits into health care and trains employees on ways to treat UnitedHealth Group members with empathy and understanding.
Back to top