Senior Specialty Benefits Account Executive - Remote in Massachusetts
- Boston, MA
The primary responsibility of the Senior Account Executive, Specialty Benefits, is to work with the AE/SAE to promote specialty product sales and persistency in the marketplace. The AE will be accountable for delivering the specialty sales goal for the assigned market and will be involved in external marketing and be a subject matter expert to promote specialty employer paid and voluntary products. These positions will be aligned with the market segment, defined as 51 to 3,000 lives.
This role is focused on external and internal activities to support the specialty sales goal including:
- Being responsible for full oversight of the specialty sale at the direction of the AE/SAE to achieve health plan market sales goals and maintain profitability
- Advocate for specialty voluntary products to support increase in enrollment and size of sale and negotiate based on broker/customer feedback with underwriting; leveraging rate bank, product discount programs and packaged savings to leverage the best value to the customer
- Consult with AE/RAC/SAE on strategy calls related to specialty products and process and develop and/or deliver finalist and large broker presentations as specialty subject matter expert
- Conduct in-depth presentations in market
- Create and drive strategies for top specialty producing agencies and Brokers
- Collaborate with Sales Management and/or Health Plan leadership regarding pipeline, persistency, market objectives and develop competitive strategies with specific Brokers / General Agents
- Work collaboratively with AE/RAC/SAE to support sales, product and process education, and training on employer paid and voluntary specialty products. This position works collaboratively with Generalist AE on external sales calls representing ancillary product offerings
- Conduit for communication on specialty topics including marketing initiatives that AE/RAC/SAE should be promoting (i.e. product updates, bonus programs, rate cards, drip marketing, etc)
- Educates sales support on quoting plan designs & product pre-implementation
- Develop business relationships with AE/RAC/SAE as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in order to increase specialty sales
- Assisting AE/RAC/SAE in developing sales proposals, including anticipating competing products and distinguishing UHC's products from those competing products
- Product Knowledge
- Solid knowledge of all products sold in their market segment, including competitive products; applies independent judgment to recommend products for a given customer's situation
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 2+ years of experience in sales or account management in the insurance industry with specialty product
- Must be comfortable obtaining sales insurance license if not already obtained. This can be obtained after your start date.
- Ability to understand underwriting, financial and analytical details as necessary
- Ability to negotiate and close sales
- Ability to navigate UnitedHealthcare internal departments to produce positive service results for clients and the company
- Ability to build and maintain strong client and producer relationships; customer focused approach
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong presentation skills
- Very strong organizational skills are key to balancing multiple priorities, objectives and customer obligations and time management skills critical to success
- Relationship Building and Influence
- Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding sales goals, particularly with specialty products
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Transitioned our new hire training classes to be conducted virtually
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here .
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our COVID-19 Resources Page: click here .
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Specialty Benefits Account Executive, Waltham, MA, Massachusetts
Back to top