Senior Software Engineer - Basking Ridge, NJ
- Basking Ridge, NJ
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
EAIP team is working on developing strategic APIs using latest technologies. Strategic APIs include work on modernizing the existing APIs for various business functions like eligibility, benefits, claims etc. Modernization includes designing APIs using latest technologies like spring boot, GQL, Azure and many others, using standard canonical modelling while insulating direct data access to backend.
In this position you will be responsible for developing and supporting business solutions to many strategic programs. Primary contributor in designing, coding, and supporting applications which are aligned to the IT strategy, leveraging enterprise components and capabilities, advancing the state of our IT assets, and expanding and improving upon our enterprise engineering strategy. Manage and mentor members of the web team to drive consistency and push them to grow.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
- Deliver professional level technical work in support of the development of company products, tools, platforms and services, typically for an external customer or end user.
- Operates within established methodologies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Applies knowledge of principles and techniques to solve technical problems.
- Works closely with other functions to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
- Works with less structured, more complex issues.
- Be an active participant on the Scrum team
- Utilize solid development skills and gain an understanding of software architecture
- Work with the scrum team to get projects developed and implemented
- Provide support and leadership during development sprints across multiple scrum teams
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of full stack development in Java/J2EE , Spring Framework
- 2+ years of REST API experience
- 1+ years of experience development/ maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- + years of experience working with relational databases
- 2+ years working with RESTful services
- 2+ years of Agile delivery experience
- 2+ years experience in building Microservices using Spring boot
- Experience working on an agile team for 2 years
- 1+ years of Cloud experience
- Strong communication and problem solving experience
- Experience delivering software using an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment while maintaining adherence to standards and best practices
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Health care industry experience
Technology Careers with Optum . Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here .
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Software Engineer, Basking Ridge, NJ, New Jersey
Back to top