Senior Pharmacy Technician - Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix, AZ
Join Us at Our Virtual Pharmacy Job Fair!
Thursday, October 22 nd from 11:00am - 3:00pm ET
Connect from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to chat with Recruiters and learn more about our open pharmacy career opportunities across the United States.
We strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the event if you are interested in this opening. Attendance at the event isn't required to be a candidate for potential employment.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Challenge can often be it's own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored and supported in building an impact and fast paced career? With UnitedHealth Group you can have all of the above, every day. Here at OptumRx, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. And here's where you come in.
As a Senior Pharmacy Technician, you'll be responsible for following USP and cGMP guidelines and proper aseptic technique to make sterile compounded medication under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist. The compounding technician is also responsible for maintaining a clean and highly organized workspace.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. As a senior team member, you'll help identify problems and determine solutions both independently or in a team / group setting. Positions in this function perform various duties related to the 503B laboratory facility, including cleaning and disinfecting the laboratory. Aseptic material transfer from the moment it reaches the laboratory to the competition of production and is leaving the laboratory area. The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical laboratory environment with potential exposure to chemicals used in the preparation of compounds (some chemicals are classified as toxic and special safety precautions must be taken when working these chemicals). Some travel may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Working a Monday - Friday schedule from 3:30 pm - 12 am.
- Familiarity with and adherence to all Standard Operating Procedures relevant to a sterile technician
- Properly use all equipment in the lab that is necessary to make a compound in a sterile environment
- Cleaning of the aseptic laboratories and associated areas
- Ensure the compounding lab and related equipment are cleaned and maintained according to policy
- Follow all safety, USP 797, and cGMP guidelines for preparation of compounded medications
- Work closely with the Quality Department to ensure product sterility, potency and absence of endotoxins and particulates
- Assist lab supervisors, manager, director, and pharmacists with any assigned tasks
- Engage in professional communication with the laboratory supervisors, supply chain, pharmacists, manager, quality, and/or director
- In-process visual inspection of medications and materials
- Ability to communicate professionally and collaborate with Quality and Compliance departments as needed for meetings, change controls, procedural updates, or suggestions for process improvements
- Compliance with USP 797, FDA, BOP rules and regulations, cGMP, and labeling requirements for compounded products and products shipped from outsourcing facilities
- Other sterile technician responsibilities as required or directed by management
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- National Pharmacy Technician certification (PTCB)
- Arizona Pharmacy Technician license
- Knowledge of GDP and cGMP
- 1+ year of sterile compounding or hospital cleanroom experience
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: OptumRx, Avella, Pharmacy, Pharmacy Technician, UnitedHealthcare, customer service, Phoenix, AZ
Back to top