Senior Pharmacy Care Technician - Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix, AZ
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Pharmacy Care Technician, you'll be responsible for answering incoming calls/completing outbound calls to/from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from an Industry Leader
- Conduct high volume outbound calls to patients, providers and pharmacies with regards to medication adherence and other pharmacy initiatives.
- Assist patients in refilling their medications, reach out to the prescriber's office if a member requires additional refills on their maintenance medications.
- Utilize prescription claims data as well as patient interview to engage patients in taking and filling their medication.
- Clarify information as needed with patient's physician office and/or pharmacy.
- Coordinate with the Clinical Pharmacist to ensure that any discrepancies between medications are reviewed, evaluated and clarified and patient questions are addressed
- Facilitate documentation of patient outreach in required systems.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. As a senior team member, you'll help identify problems and determine solutions both independently and in a team/group setting. You'll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details/clinical information. It's a fast paced, high volume environment where accuracy is essential.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Required Qualifications :
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current and unrestricted pharmacy technician licensure in State of Arizona
- 3+ years of experience working as a pharmacy technician
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB)
- Experience with Medicare Advantage
- Experience performing medication reviews and patient outreach
- Ability to recognize potential drug discrepancies and barriers to adherence
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Pharmacy Technician, Medicare, Retirement, UnitedHealthcare, pharmacy, Pharm Tech, Senior Pharmacy Technician, Arizona, license, UnitedHealth Group, retail pharmacy, CPhT, PTCB, Phoenix
Back to top