Senior Network Contract Manager - Indianapolis, IN
- Indianapolis, IN
The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. This leadership role with UnitedHealth Group will call on your knowledge, your energy and your commitment to making health care work more effectively for more people. You'll guide the development and support of National Provider Networks as well as provider contracting and unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting. As you do, you'll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Guide development of geographically competitive, broad access, stable networks that achieve objectives for unit cost performance and trend management
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts in compliance with company templates, reimbursement structure standards and other key process controls
- Ensure that network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider services
- Influence and/or provide input to forecasting and planning activities
- This role is all about challenge and relationships. You'll partner with CEO's from various lines of business as we work on building effective relationships with large health systems.
In this role, you will need to be able to thrive in a demanding, intense, fast-paced environment. In addition, you'll be driving some complex negotiations while striving to ensure accuracy.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a network management-related role handling complex network provider contracts with accountability for business results
- 3+ years of experience contributing to financial modeling in making rate decisions and managing a medical cost and administrative budget
- 3+ years of experience with hospital and ancillary contracting
- Intermediate level of knowledge of Medicare, DRGs, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groupers, etc.
- 3+ years experience in managed Medicaid
- Experience working with government programs (including but not limited to Medicare and Medicaid)
- Intermediate or better experience using MS Office (word, excel, powerpoint)
- Willing and able to travel up to 25% statewide
- Experience with project management
- Excellent Time Management, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience working with different provider types such as Hospitals, Ancillary, and Medical Group Providers
Creating and fine-tuning provider networks helps improve access to health care for millions. It's an outstanding opportunity to have more meaning and purpose in your career. Join us. Find out how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Healthcare, health care, Contracting, Account Manager, Negotiation, Business Development, Manager, Consultant, Network, National, Indianapolis, IN, Indiana
Back to top