Senior Java Software Engineer - Basking Ridge, NJ
- Basking Ridge, NJ
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Drive customer engagement, service fulfillment, incident & problem management
- Develop, create, and modify computer applications software
- Advise teams on service set up and design; leading service development within scrum team
- Work with internal teams to ensure standards in code quality and security are met
- Advise on infrastructure design for new and advancing projects
- Work closely with product owners making sure applications are meeting business needs
- Review code and architecture as applications evolve
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Java; Oracle in a large healthcare environment
- 5+ years of experience in ServiceNow, Web Technologies & IDE tools
- 5+ years of experience Agile software methodology
- 5+ years of experience in ITIL (change management, incident management & problem management)
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top