Senior Healthcare SME/Quality Assurance Lead - Albany, NY
- United States
We are seeking a senior Healthcare SME/ Analyst to join our team.
The Senior Healthcare SME/Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for understanding and interpreting business needs; assessing the business impact of those needs; analyzing, testing needs and supporting the communication and delivery of requirements with relevant stakeholders. The candidate will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to analyze and assess core business requirements, processes or procedures utilizing best business practices and current analysis techniques and methodologies.
- Serve as a key resource in decomposing and solutioning complex analytic requirements
- Recognize, gather, correlate, and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and devise solutions and alternatives; and make appropriate recommendations
- Attend and facilitate client meetings with the purpose of establishing client relationship and ensuring complete understanding of business needs.
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to business users in a clear and concise manner.
- Collaborate with ETL developers, EDI technical analyst, and Project Manager (PM) to ensure project requirements/requests for changes are understood and within standards.
- Provide guidance to other team members regarding best/standard practices.
- Provide guidance/assistance to team members where needed to help ensure issues are resolved by assigned due date. Escalate concerns with ability to meet due dates to PM.
- Research issues and cases to determine root cause and provide impact analysis for ongoing issues, changes, and requests for new functionality.
- Work closely with product owners and developers to translate business requirements into test plans; work with resources to investigate and resolve issues.
- Responsible for support of an enterprise quality assurance program, working with NY APD data governance committee resources to continuously discover and remediate source data issues through time.
- Provide key input into project planning, estimation and task prioritization
- Look for ways to improve the overall quality of the development process, and serve as an advocate for high quality standards.
- Mentor junior team members to adopt and become efficient practitioners of established QA processes and procedures.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of business and data analysis experience with NY Payer data, such as Medicaid data, Medicare data, or Commercial payer data.
- Proven experience working with technical leads, testers and developers to translate requirements into system designs
- 3+ years of experience as QA Lead/tester
- Proven experience using BI/DW tools - (e.g. Cognos, Teradata, Oracle, SAS, MS Excel)
- 3+ years of data analysis experience using SQL
- 3+ years of experience gathering requirements from the client/business and documenting
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with EDI X12 transactions in the healthcare industry and HL7
- Proven experience with EDI trading partner on-boarding, relationship management and document tracking
- Familiar with data warehouse concepts
- Understanding of relational databases and database structures
- State Medicaid Data Warehouse or Medicaid Management Information Systems
- Experience with NY Medicaid/Health Exchange data
- Working knowledge of data warehouse data structure type to insure accurate navigation of data issues that surface.
- Strong working knowledge of data quality and master data management concepts.
- Strong working knowledge of change management and incident management procedures and best practices.
As the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, we're used to setting the pace for change. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like. Join us today and start doing your life's best work.SM
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Senior Healthcare SME/Quality Assurance Lead, Albany, NY
Back to top