Senior Healthcare Economics Analyst - San Antonio, TX
- San Antonio, TX
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than UnitedHealth Group. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. You will work to deliver solutions for the full spectrum of disease states, health events and medical, behavioral and pharmacy health services.
As a Senior Health Care Economics Analyst, you will design and develop reports and analyze data to measure clinical outcomes, network performance and methodology levers. You will investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and health care costs data. The work is as challenging as it is rewarding. You'll open doors to new opportunities. You'll grow and develop professionally. And you'll add exponentially to your skill set. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. Join us. There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm)
- Review claims, premium, capitation and membership data in support of underwriting, Actuarial and utilization analyses
- Create and update automated processes
- Analyze reporting tools utilized by the internal customer groups
- Produce, review, and present reports to leadership
- Preform research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare costs data
- Provides management with statistical findings and conclusions
- Identifies potential areas for medical cost improvements and alternative pricing strategies
- Provides data in support of actuarial, financial and utilization analyses
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience working in the healthcare industry
- Financial analysis or accounting experience
- Intermediate level of SQL proficiency
- Advanced proficiency with MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, and relationship database concepts
- Ability to quickly learn and use computer software tools effectively
- Experience with Python
- Working knowledge of Tableau
- Knowledge of healthcare claims processes and procedures
- Ability to meet and manage monthly deliverable deadlines
- Work within a team structure and navigate multiple concurrent deadlines
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analytical tools to outgoing reports
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: San Antonio, TX, Texas
Back to top