Senior Director Corporate Strategy - Multiple Locations
- Eden Prairie, MN
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Director, Corporate Strategy is a seasoned business strategist and advisor with responsibility for partnering with business unit executives to provide thought leadership, strategic direction, market analysis, partnership sourcing and support to guide growth and operational excellence. This person must convince leaders and operators of his / her value, earn their trust and time, and work collaboratively to build actionable strategies.
The Senior Director, Corporate Strategy will work with executive and product leadership to frame the market, identify market opportunities, build analytics-based strategic plans, develop wide-ranging partnership processes and drive actionable decisions. In order to do this, the Senior Director, Strategy will have a strong understanding of competitive dynamics, customer needs, regulatory impacts, market trajectory, and Optum capabilities. In addition, the Senior Director, Corporate Strategy will "tell the story" throughout the organization to gain support for the strategy and fuel execution planning. The Senior Director, Corporate Strategy will also lead external discussions, lead analysis, make connections across the Optum and UHG and support broader corporate development activity.
- Lead cross-Optum initiatives spanning growth strategy, operational excellence and client / external party partnerships by directly scoping, initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing strategy projects
- Lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives; working across Optum, UnitedHealth Group and external parties as needed
- Deliver data-driven insights to support actionable strategic direction, corporate prioritization, corporate development and strategy communication (Executive management, Board, investors, company)
- Solve unique and complex problems requiring integrated solutions with broad impact on the business
- Identify external strategic partnership opportunities (or collaborate with business leads who have identified) and lead external partner discussions, working towards development of partnership deal that enhances Optum's overall value proposition
- Lead in a team environment both within the Corporate Strategy & Business Acceleration team and with business unit partners / customers
- Influence Senior Leadership at Optum and UHG to adopt new ideas, products and/or approaches and gain commitment on cross-company initiatives
- Nurture and develop strong relationships with Optum business unit leaders
- Develop Strategy team members, and enhance their skills and capabilities through project work and one-to-one coaching
Please note this is a pipeline opportunity.
keywords: corporate strategy, strategy consultant, healthcare strategy
- 3+ years of post-MBA experience
- 5+ years of Healthcare experience
- 5+ years of experience developing market overviews, understanding competitive positioning, analyzing market trends, and understanding customer needs
- Experience directly managing people in delivering consulting / advisory services at the corporate level
- Superior conceptual, analytical and financial modeling skills
- Experience communicating data and strategic frameworks for executives
- Located in Eden Prairie, MN, New York, NY, Boston, MA or Washington, DC
- MBA from top tier program
- Operational experience (operations, product development, marketing, finance, sales, etc.)
- 2+ years of post-MBA experience at a leading strategy consulting firm
- Experience in analytics
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Director, Corporate Strategy, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, New York, NY, Boston, MA, Massachusetts, Washington, DC, District of Columbia
Back to top