Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from unstructured, diverse datasets typically measured in gigabytes or larger. Applies knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement. Uses a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive and prescriptive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data. Works with analytics and statistical software such as SQL, R, Python, Hadoop and others to perform analysis and interpret data. This function is not intended for employees performing the following work: less complex analysis on small data sets; rules-based algorithmic or descriptive analytics; development of big data infrastructure. Generally, work is self-directed and not prescribed.
- Perform data analysis using methods in statistics, causal inference, machine learning and deep learning
- Get to understand data structure, load dataset, pre-process data, and make data transformation
- Write technical report and visualize data to support the argument
- Propose idea of developing data science products
- Mentor other data scientists, produce technical guidance and lead a development project
- Build data science product by creating reusable codes, deploying the analytic tools and testing
- Communicate and collaborate effectively within the technical team
- Make presentation for the proposed, developing and created data science products
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- Master's degree or higher degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, etc.) or 3 or more years of experience in data science work or related research projects
- Experience with at least some of the following:
- Visualizing and manipulating big datasets
- Supervised learning techniques include but are not limited to regression models such as logistic and linear regression, classification models such as decision trees, naive bases, nearest neighbor, random forest, and neural network models
- Unsupervised learning technique such as k-means clustering
- Dimensionality reduction techniques like PCA and feature selection
- Hypothesis testing e.g. Chi-square, ANOVA, t-Test, etc.
- Analysis for prediction, forecasting, time series modeling, and discovering the causal effect relationship between variables using propensity score analysis, inverse probability weighting, path analysis, structural equation modeling and Bayesian networks
- Building recommendation system by using collaborative filtering and content-based filtering techniques.
- Deep learning techniques, including batch normalization, dropout, recurrent units such as LSTM and GRU, residual neural network, attention mechanism
- Hands-on experience of developing and deploying statistical and ML models
- Experience writing and speaking about technical concepts to business, technical, and lay audiences and giving data-driven presentations
- Experience leading a team or as a mentor
- Proficiency with Python, SQL, and R coding
- In-depth knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and algorithms
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2021 Optum Global Solutions (Philippines) Inc. All rights reserved.
Job Keywords: Senior Data Scientist, Data Science, Hypothesis Testing, Chi-square, ANOVA, t-Test, Taguig City, NCR, National Capital Region