Senior Data Analyst - UHC M&R Marketing - Minnetonka, MN
- Minnetonka, MN
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function are responsible for the management and manipulation of mostly structured data, with a focus on building business intelligence tools, conducting analysis to distinguish patterns and recognize trends, performing normalization operations and assuring data quality.
Depending on the specific role and business line, example responsibilities in this function could include creating specifications to bring data into a common structure, creating product specifications and models, developing data solutions to support analyses, performing analysis, interpreting results, developing actionable insights and presenting recommendations for use across the company.
Roles in this function could partner with stakeholders to understand data requirements and develop tools and models such as segmentation, dashboards, data visualizations, decision aids and business case analysis to support the organization. Other roles involved could include producing and managing the delivery of activity and value analytics to external stakeholders and clients.
Team members will typically use business intelligence, data visualization, query, analytic and statistical software to build solutions, perform analysis and interpret data. Positions in this function work on predominately descriptive and regression-based analytics and tend to leverage subject matter expert views in the design of their analytics and algorithms.
This function is not intended for employees performing the following work: production of standard or self-service operational reporting, casual inference led (healthcare analytics) or data pattern recognition (data science) analysis; and/or image or unstructured data analysis using sophisticated theoretical frameworks.
- Deliver daily, weekly and monthly performance forecasting and reporting
- Play lead role in developing marketing reporting and analysis data infrastructure for Government Programs
- Identify new data points to advance analytic capabilities and help turn into actionable information
- Drive implementation of Government Programs view of consumer into reporting and forecasting
- Build strong relationship with Finance, Product and Sales
- Predict emerging customer needs and develops innovative solutions to meet them
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and / or approaches
- Direct cross-functional and / or cross-segment teams
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Business, Data Science or direct work experience of 5 years or more in marketing space
- 3+ years of experience in building marketing data and analysis capabilities
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Tableau or other visualization tools, experience with data warehouses
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of how core business drivers influence financial results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and possess the ability to work collaboratively and influence across a matrix environment
- Must be located within commutable distance to Minnetonka
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience forecasting marketing or telemarketing campaigns
- Previous experience working with SAS, SQL, R, Python
- Familiar with Health Insurance products
- 7-10 years of Database Marketing and project management experience within a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and prioritize deliverables
- Proven organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Data Analyst, UHC M&R Marketing, Medicare & Retirement, Unitedhealthcare, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Business, Data Science, Data Analysis, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota
Back to top