Senior Clinical Trainer Boise, ID
- Boise, ID
This isn't HR. This is Human Capital at UnitedHealth Group. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Clinical Trainer will have the opportunity to affect the delivery of training programs across a Fortune 25 Organization. This individual will keep abreast of various training delivery techniques, business processes, products and systems in specific areas of expertise.
- Collaborates with a team that designs, implements, evaluates, and promotes training in clinical staff competency and behavioral health evidence-based practices in both virtual and classroom settings
- Acts as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for instructional design and behavioral health topics where relevant, and collaborates with other topic SMEs to write and deliver instructional content that promotes the growth and development of providers, clinical staff, and administrative departments based on knowledge, needs, and identified areas of improvement
- Facilitates web-based discussion groups to foster community building, empower and evoke change, and support learners in applying newly gained skills
- Develops collaborative relationships with providers, customers, and committees to inform the design of effective clinical learning programs
- Leverages creativity and brings knowledge of a wide variety of interactive adult learning principles and instructional best practices to present education and training programs
- Tailors curriculum as needed to best meet the needs of a diverse group of learners
- Participates in evaluation activities to measure the effectiveness of educational activities and utilizes evaluation data to continuously improve design and delivery of quarterly education programs
- Serves as a resource for learners in the areas of clinical practice and clinical professional development, utilizing coaching, mentoring, and effective feedback and motivational support techniques as necessary
- Tracks registration, attendance, participation and course completion of learners
- Follows plan for professional development and actively seeks out opportunities to increase expertise in health care education and adult training programs
- Complies with approved corporate policies and procedures
- Provides excellent customer service
- Participates on committees, task forces, and/or work groups
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA/BS degree in related HR, health, or training field
- 4+ years of experience using pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise
- 4+ years of experience conducting classroom training and/or seminar/workshop topics
- Strong work ethic, independence, and dependability
- 1+ years of clinic experience preferred
- Health care experience a plus
- Masters level clinician strongly preferred
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Effective interpersonal, influence, collaboration and listening skills and proven success driving for results individually and in a team setting
- Functions effectively in a highly matrix organization
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: clinical, trainer, provider, relationship, instructional design, classroom training
Back to top