Senior Claims Representative (Call Center) - South Portland, ME
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doingyour life's best work.SM
The Senior Claims Representative (Call Center) will work in a call center environment while answering internal and external customer questions regarding claims, enrollment, policy, payment status, general information, etc. This position promotes advocacy for the customer and focuses strongly on customer satisfaction.
- Provide expertise or general claims support by reviewing, researching, investigating, processing and adjusting claims information
- Document appropriate payment or refer claims to investigators for further review
- Analyze and identify trends and provide reports as necessary
- Consistently meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Provide excellent customer service
- Receive calls from internal and external customers verifying coverage and status of payments
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Experience working within a customer service role interacting with internal and external customers
- Ability to navigate between multiple applications and input data quickly and accurately
- Ability to create and modify spreadsheets, documents, and emails with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to work Monday - Friday, 9:30 am - 6:05 pm EST, with flexibility to work occasional overtime per business needs
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Familiarity with claims within the insurance industry
- Bilingual in any language
- Military service experience
- Desire to help internal and external customers by being empathetic
- Patience and providing accurate information
- Outgoing and energetic attitude
- Good listening skills
- Handle multiple priorities
- Excellent problem - solving capabilities
- Emotional fortitude for high stress situations
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer& Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UHC, senior claims representative, customer service, call center, claims, enrollment, healthcare, medical terminology
Back to top