Senior Billing Analyst - La Crosse, WI or US Remote
- United States
Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Senior Billing Analyst is responsible for analyzing billing data and ensuring accuracy of invoices and billing reports. Other duties include monitoring customer funding balances and aged receivables to ensure prompt payment. Assisting with invoice preparation as needed. This position will also provide input for contract implementation as well as policy and procedure changes.
- Utilize multiple reports to ensure the accuracy of billing transactions
- Review and validate customer pricing and setup
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies
- Assist with invoice preparation and reconciliation of billing to A/R; Monitor outstanding A/R balances and take appropriate action
- Prepare reports and analyses as required in support of the monthly financial closing process and contractual obligations
- Provide input to policies, systems, and procedures for effective control of billing
- Assist in development of new processes within Billing and other departments
- Test system changes
- Internal audit of invoices
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate's Degree (or higher) in related field combined
- 3+ years of billing experience
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office programs and integrated accounting systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including data manipulation
- Equivalent combination of education, experience and/or applicable military experience will be considered
- Ability to adjust workday hours during peak periods of activity to ensure timely and accurate delivery of invoices and reports
- Experience in a service or healthcare industry preferred
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, ICD - 9, ICD - 10, CPT coding
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to cooperate and coordinate with both internal and external departmental staff to resolve questions, problem solve more complex issues and ensure the timely delivery of departmental objectives
- Detail oriented with strong analytic and problem - solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand complex billing arrangements
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: healthcare, health care, billing, analyst
View our Covid-19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/
Back to top