Senior Associate of Strategic Initiatives - UHC C&S IEX - Minnetonka, MN
- United States
Tough challenges? We know a thing or two about those. When you're on a mission to help people live healthier lives, the stakes couldn't be higher. The Sr. Business Analyst will serve as a key team member in a new business reporting to the Sr. Director of Strategy and Project Management, in turn working closely with cross-functional leaders to define processes and implement action plans to achieve business objectives.
The Sr. Business Analyst will develop process maps and project management materials including project plans, risk/issues logs, and decision trackers to support strategic initiatives. This role requires flexibility, agility and the ability to adapt to change while maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders in a highly cross-matrixed environment.
- Serve as cross-functional resource to help organize and execute against core business objectives.
- Lead sessions with business owners and subject matter experts to define goals, understand capabilities / needs, map out processes, set key milestones and identify risks and opportunities.
- Create and maintain detailed process maps that illustrate member journey steps and associated business processes.
- Document scope, track business requirements, develop project plans and facilitate cross-functional collaboration to drive successful execution of newly mapped processes.
- Proactively identify continuous improvement opportunities and work with stakeholders to address.
- Write, disseminate and maintain project status reports, agendas and meeting notes.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 3+ years of experience in business analysis or business architecture
- 3+ years of synthesizing business needs, developing strategic objectives, collaboratively developing plans to reach those objectives and driving execution
- 2+ years of healthcare experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in process improvement, workflow benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes
- Advanced proficiency with PC based software programs (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic, willing to identify disorganization and bring the right partners together to promote clarity of purpose
- Strategic thinker, able to quickly grasp complex issues
- Advanced business degree
- Team player and strong ability to work with other disciplines across companies
- Ability to communicate and present information to internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and proactively in a dynamic, fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Self-starter, demonstrated ability to structure own work, design and drive projects from their inception through to completion
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Senior Business Analyst, Business analyst, business analysis, business architecture, healthcare, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota
Back to top