Senior Analyst Clinical Field Operations and Local Markets - Minneapolis or Boston
- Boston, MA
Senior Analyst, Clinical Field Operations and Local Markets, M&R
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Services for the Clinical Field Operations and Local Markets
As a strategic leader charged with developing the high level clinical strategy for the nation's largest Medicare Advantage plan, charged with the care of over 7 million members and revenues exceeding $90 billion per year, the Senior Analyst would report to the Director of Clinical Field Operations and Local Markets for Medicare & Retirement, and have key strategic and business responsibility for development and execution of major national clinical initiatives.
The Senior Analyst will serves as a key team member reporting to the Director of Clinical Field Operations and Local Markets, in turn all working closely with the Chief Medical Officer to determine, articulate and execute business vision, mission, strategies and tactics to achieve membership, revenue and IOI targets for the local markets including all fifty states, and coordinating closely with . The Senior Analyst will have primary responsibility of key nationwide clinical projects, overseeing projects for the most important and prevalent population health conditions, such as complex kidney, lung, and cardiac diseases, as well as a number of other key health priorities. The Senior Analyst will work across a complex and collaborative matrix organization, including United Healthcare and Optum divisions.
• Perform key functions to develop end to end enterprise strategy that defines how we will share information bi-directionally with local chief medical officers and key matrix partners as a key element of our strategic partnerships and requires an "outside in" approach to deliver reciprocal value between UHG and the providers who care for our members
• Support all local clinical interactions including internal information we need to manage our provider network as well as the information exchanged with our network in support of our mutual business objectives. It will include current state, long term future state and key transitions as well as key metrics and feedback loops/check points we will use to measure progress
• Advise on key investment decisions (both capital and operating) for our capabilities and operations related to information sharing; guide decision making on immediate and long term changes to support our network transformation vision
• 5+ years of experience in business analysis or business architecture
• 3+ years of healthcare experience
• 3+ years of developing strategic objectives, plans to reach those objectives and driving execution of those plans
• Demonstrated process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes
• Demonstrated ability to capture and synthesize business needs, work collaboratively to develop solutions and strategies to meet those needs
• Excellent communication, time/project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
• Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs (Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint)
• Bachelor's degree, with graduate training in business or management preferred
• Experience in delivery system (integrated delivery system, large clinic or hospital)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top