Scheduling Coordinator - Per Diem - Chandler, AZ
- Chandler, AZ
As Scheduling Coordinator - Per Diem professionals, we are often the first point of contact for our patients and their families. As such we value representing an important first impression. Our professionalism, expertise and dedication help ensure that our patients receive the quality of care they need. We are diligent in obtaining complete and accurate insurance and demographic information in a timely manner, this enable us to provide high quality, compassionate health care service to all who need them, regardless of their ability to pay.
Positions may be available in the following areas: Emergency Room, Operating Room, Outpatient, Infusion, Maternal Child and Transplant Services. Per diem or casual schedules / shifts will be based on the specific department and may be comprised of 8, 10 or 12 hours. Employees will be required to work a minimum number of hours per month, including weekend hours. Additional information will be provided during the interview process. This position is located at Chandler Regional 1955 W. Frye Rd, Chandler AZ 85224.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an e - mail with information regarding next steps including any pre - employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us. To learn more, go to: http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
- Communicates directly with patients and / or families either in person or on the phone to complete the registration process by collecting patient demographics, health information, and verifying insurance eligibility / benefits
- Responds to patient and caregivers inquiries related to routine and sensitive topics always in a compassionate and respectful manner
- Organizes and schedules patient services and appointments for referrals or follow - ups ensuring proper information is forwarded to practitioners
- Utilizes computer systems to enter access or verify patient data in real - time ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
- Generates, reviews and analyzes patient data reports and follows up on issues and inconsistencies as necessary
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR 10+ years of equivalent working experience
- 1+ years prior experience in the healthcare industry in either an office setting, customer service setting or phone support role
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Working knowledge of insurance policies / procedures, prior authorization, and patient care settings
- Understanding of medical terminology
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Patient Registration, Admitting, Front Office, insurance, hospital, patient billing, physician office, pre - registration, registrar, customer service, office
Back to top